ERIS to PC via USB problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ru4d2

ru4d2 New Member This Topic's Starter

so i got it. nice toy i love it already and i hope i won't miss my treo755p.
    so far the only thing i miss, is i cannot upload any files to ERIS. installed the sync software from HTC website. sync is ok. connection is there. during the installation there was bunch of drivers installed (ADB, media storage, volume etc), and what happens now is, every time i connect the device to (windows XP23 or vista32) it is recognized by the system, it is shown as an external hard disk (letter is assigned) but i cannot get into it. system tells me "put the hard disk into the hard disk G:" or something like that.
    i tried double twist. ERIS is not recognized by this software.
    someone here suggested to restart the phone while it was still connected to computer. done that. nothing.
    is there any option in the phone to turn on the mass storage feature? i couldn't find it. i went through this entire forum, couldn't find the answer to my questions. could it be that my phone is defective?
    btw. the card is ok. i connected it to PC via a card reader and uploaded some music. that worked fine.
    if any one has any idea please share here. thanks in advance.

another minor question. does ERIS support microcasds bigger than 8GB?
    <rs>

Advertisement
  2. ru4d2

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

It's all there in the manual.... :D

Seriously though, this is kind of silly. WHy require the extra step? I actually had to break out the quick start guide to figure it out. I mean, come on!!

4. ru4d2

your life must be very simple and boring. can you imagine, that i got no manual for this phone? i got it used phone and a cable. one week old, from somebody who didn't like it. got it? so save you electrons.