Eris too small?General

Last Updated:

1. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just got my commuter case and wow this phone is tiny i had the first samsung omnia and they are about the same size. I havent received my phone yet so i cant actually say but i played with it in verizon and liked it but maybe its just the cardboard insert that came with the case that is messing with my head lol

Advertisement
  2. davros

davros Well-Known Member

lol ya it's little. i have a case on mine and i always get surprised how little it is when i play with the demo's at the Verizon stores we go to. Wife has a droid and wants a car charger... haha my bb curves works in my Eris lol

3. finnaginagain

its like the droid is almost too big and the eris is almost too small lol its a good feel im just scared my thumbs are going to be too big

4. davros

davros Well-Known Member

the droid is big. and kinda clumsy, if your worried about big thumbs try Swype keyboard or better keyboard. i think the stock htc keyboard is really little in portait.

5. finnaginagain

yeha i hear that the portrait mode keyboard is tiny but im getting mixed reviews about it. some swear by it and others cant stand it. i know its up to preference but jeez

6. davros

davros Well-Known Member

ya i hated it but with swype its easy i can type with my thumb

7. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I love the size and feel of the Eris. Hubby has the droid. Ugh, heavy, clunky, not sexy like the Eris ;)

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I agree, was quite worried about it's small size and my hand size. But staying with it was the key; it's working out great. Plus there are a lot here who experiment around with other keyboards you can download.. Swype is the one being touted as the best, I don't bother much any more with them having gotten used to the stock one.

Use it a lot. Hang in there, I'll bet you end up like most here liking it quite a bit.

Screen size is quite nice for web browsing, especially in landscape.

(great username, finnaginagain ;))

9. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I think the Eris with the Otterbox on it is the perfect size for my hands. Only problem I'm having is finding a holster I like that fits.

I know the "nekkid" eris is probably smallewr than a lot of people expect, though.

10. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

otterbox commuter is a good size but the hard plastic is a tad slick. i feel like i am glad i have the protection cause the slickness it adds makes it more likely that i would drop it...lol

the vzw shell/holster combo is about perfect as far as fit, feel, and size go....IMO

moonsbabe likes this.
  11. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

I was worried about the keyboard also, coming from a eny with a keyboard. As frisco said just keep using it and you will get used to it pretty quick

12. SuperStuff

SuperStuff Well-Known Member

No it's not too small. I like the size of the Eris. It's why I picked it over the Moto Droid. I can slide the Eris into pocket with no problems just as it is. :D

13. bad05gtt

bad05gtt Well-Known Member

talk about small...i came from a bb pearl to the eris and the eris seemed huge at first but now it is the perfect size and i could not like this phone anymore..enjoy

14. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Is one of the reasons I got this phone. Fits well in the pocket. Swype its great. I just wrote this message with swype. Its lot more effortless than the stock keyboard. Just sliding across word by word is so nice and there is decreased lag when minimizing and maximizing keyboard. Now I love my eris is super sexy. Everyone thinks it is super sexy how I type. Lol

15. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

My eyes are not the best and I seriously considered the Droid for its larger screen, but after nearly 3 months of use, the Eris has been surprisingly easy viewing.

16. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the size ... the Eris is ergonomic, and fits nicely in the pocket. And the touch screen is very usable, even with my big hands.

17. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

I like the size. The Droid was just too big and clunky for me. I use swype and it rocks.

18. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member

Dude, take of the sunglasses, you might be surprised.

19. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I mean, really, how big do you want a phone to be? Get an old school bag phone if you want something big.

20. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I wasn't too worried about leaving my EnV keyboard (which was perfect to me...) because I'd been practicing soft keyboards on my iPod Touch and iPhones at work for over a year.

The problem with the Eris is the screen is smaller, and I have big thumbs. All I will say; thank god it recognizes/spell checks everything. I love HTC's prediction software, it's the only thing making this work for me. If i'm in landscape i have no problems and type fast. Still, not as fast as I can type on my touch...

I love how little it is. I still cary my touch with me...which is the whole reason I got the Eris and not the droid...I wanted something little in my pocket. The eris is flatter than my env, but a bit wider..but i'm comfortable with it :)

21. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

Comming from a htc vogue, the eris is rather larger for me, but i find it perfect size.

22. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Came from a storm, clunky to say the least. I love this phone, but in all things, and it works well here, size doesn't matter. Except that it does ;)