• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris update mr2 is official.

i backed up my phone and downloaded the update and I just thought...my phone really isnt locking up that much and if this goes south and i still have to install the few apps I have......I think Im going to just wait till its released and sent to me...now if it was the 2.0/2.1 update I think I would go for it...there just isnt much of a fix if thats all this update is for.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having this problem? I wanted to install this update manually. I Downloaded the software etc... ran the app, and it appeared to install some drivers, I plugged the USB into the phone and then... hit next....

Verifying information on your android phone. Please wait...

I then get this error. ERROR[170]:USB CONNECTION ERROR

It says my Eris is not connecting somehow. I think this may be a driver issue as I notice in the device manager when I'm connected the following device appears.

HTC Dream Composite ADB Interface

Has anyone else had this problem or figured out a solution?

I am running windows 7

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Woke up this morning and my Eris was asking to be updated. I am in Ithaca NY This is it's second update. Build is 1.17.605.1 CL104882 release-keys Not sure what it did. Eris was very slow after update but I used Advanced Task killer and it has returned to it's zippy self. May be even a bit more zippy. Firmware is still 1.5 Anyone know what this update does.

Upvote 0
So if I don't get the OTA push for two weeks I am without those Apps for two weeks, kind of a joke, what does the backup actually backup then? Can I go to the Android Store and re-download those I have bought?
it is my understanding when you manually install the update earlier than their release that your footprint is changed and since most apps are still set up to read the current footprint you will not see those until the OTA update has been issued to all. Mind you I am new to Android and Smart phones so this is just what I have gathered from reading all the different sites. If anyone has more information please let me know.

Upvote 0
Ill see if i can get the website from my brother, but he claims hes been researching the eris because of potentially buying one... He says he stumbled across something saying the Eris should be updated sometime in the first quarter or 2010.... like I said, ill try to look for some info supporting this claim... sorry if it isnt true... dont wanna get everyones hopes up.

Upvote 0
Sorry I really just what to know who to suggest an APP Idea to there needs to be a fireground calculator for droids iphone has it but cingular service suck where I'm at

Ummm...punctuation helps to turn the greek above into something readable. Had to read 5 times before I had the slightest idea what you were talking about.

That is a very cool tool for firefighters but is sort of a specialized app that most won't understand or use. Why don't you try writing the developer of the iPhone app in order to see if they will consider writing the app for Android or maybe can point you in the right direction.

Edit: Go to the following website and find the email link at the bottom. Write them and please get someone to look over your email if you have a tough time with punctuation. http://www.enginecosoftware.com/EngineCoSoftware/Welcome.html

Upvote 0
chart

Get live scores there

Upvote 0
I was able to install the mr2 update successfully. However, I've noticed something strange. Some of the apps I had before I can't find in the android market. Some of these apps are E! Online, Car Mode, and Live Scores and these very popular apps. Has anybody else had a similar problem?

Yes and it's frustrating as hell. The apps that I paid for are no longer available to me in the Market.

Upvote 0
Ok, noob question, but I need to ask: I see these bar codes, but I have no clue how I can scan them with my Eris. I've looked around on the site here, but I haven't found anything that answers it. (I'm probably just not looking in the right place.) Can somebody fill me in?
type Barcode Scanner in the search window in marketplace.

Upvote 0
REMOVE your Sd card before you do this update, after the update my card was cooked.
Lost 3 years of pics and music:mad:

I can't believe all of the crap that happens to different people when doing an update. My manual update doesn't appear to have done more than to fix the problem that it was set to fix for me. It seems like I remember seeing a message to remove my SD card when updating my Omnia. That just sucks to lose all of that!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones