Eris updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

FWIW....I just spoke to Verizon about the update. The guy said HTC told them May 15th or 16th.....

Advertisement
  2. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This should be interesting..

3. pea

pea Active Member

doesnt make sense.. cause its not up to HTC to update.. from what most people know.. verizon already has the 2.1.. its now up to verizon to release it if its up to their standards.

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

2011?

5. smfoley1

smfoley1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Little follow up..
    so since verizon has been tuggin on my balls since day 1, I decided to call HTC. Guess what they told me....thats right, they dont have a date they have no idea...WTF is this shit. Look, if they are having problems with it then just say so. Dont keep giving out false information, all that does is piss ppl off.

6. vertig0730

vertig0730 Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/55823-official-droid-eris-2-1-os-coming-very-soon-30.html#post676570

Thats is someone with garbage until it is in writing. The hero leak and the Best Buy document make it very believable. Until the VZW document with the fixes is leaked, don't hold your breath.

Also, HTC is not releasing the patch VZW is, they dont control the date. VZW QA's it and decides when to push. Leave HTC alone, let them start working on the 2.2 upgrade.

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Ok, Verizon reps don't know and neither do HTC reps. This isn't stuff that most employees get advanced warning about. If they do, then the reps that actually frequent this forum will most likely drop a hint about a date.

That the Sprint Hero is supposedly getting the update at the end of the week and the fact that HTC just released the 2.1 Eris kernel both bode well that an OTA could be out for the Eris in the near future. Until it happens or is announced by something official then there is no real news on the subject.

butthead007 likes this.
  8. xNJxPlague

xNJxPlague Well-Known Member

Verizon is waiting for 2012 so we all die and they don't have to release the update

omfgwtflawl and jps like this.
  9. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

We have a winner!

10. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

FWIW, just flash or root. Rumors have been going around about this stupid update since I got my phone back in January when I joined these forums and all of them have been fluke.

Adam63impala likes this.
  11. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Lies! Lies!

12. kissfan_88

kissfan_88 Active Member

Back when i bought the Eris in November, the Verzion Rep didn't even know what the release names where for the Android Os (i.e. 1.5-cupcake, 1.6-donut, 2.0-eclair etc etc), so For them to even know a release date for this is slim to none, and even if they did i still wouldn't believe them till my notification beep went off.

13. rosalindavenue

rosalindavenue New Member

Prior to getting my Eris in December I was a long, long term palm user. I had a 600, a 700p and a Centro. The 700p was a half-baked piece of garbage; it had been built for Windows mobile and the Palm version was buggy and awful. So Palm promised a firmware update. It was about 6 months overdue, then in the summer of 08 Verizon finally released it. It was terrible. It bricked one phone for me. Verizon upgraded all of the ones they had in stock, and I had no data service unless I was roaming (!). On 5 or 6 different phones. Verizon finally (at my suggestion) sent me a treo 650, which worked fine, until the firmware update was fixed in the fall of 08.

Verizon's high level support people were great, and they sent me phone after phone, no questions asked. I really believe that that screwup belonged to Palm, and not to Verizon.

Anyway, I think Verizon is going to test the hell out of any upgrade now. I think the versions getting leaked are proof of that. I am not happy about it, but I understand.

14. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I would assume the OTA upgrade everyone is waiting for would be the final Eris-specific upgrade the world will ever see...if we ever see it. They probably want to make sure it is as error free as humanly possible.

15. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

So I went to vzw store just to see Incredible and for kicks asked if the eris was getting an update to 2.1...the consensus between the clerks was that the eris was just a 1.5 phone...

I showed them my 2.1 and the guy was like "oh you rooted...kiss your warranty goodbye." I then corrected him and told him it was a leak. He then looked completely confused.

Anyways all the reps wanted to see what 2.1 looked like on an eris. I was astounded. They were really excited about the Incredible though.

Guess this further proves the point that you can join this forum and within a few hours know more about android than the majority of vzw employees.

So thank you everyone for all the great android help and knowledge! No point in asking vzw just search these forums!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

16. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Poor Kittens...........

17. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Well since I'm typing this from an incredible maybe it is close. Since I've found at least 2 bugs from leak 3 in this phone. VZW might be saying good 'nuff. and No not pulling a 5th element just saying it ain't perfect.

18. trishuhh

trishuhh Well-Known Member

I know, we lose so many with every post like this :(

19. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I hear a squeeling, crying, whimpering sound. :(

20. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

Priceless...:D

21. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member

i called HTC to bitch about my phone not getting an OTA like promised....the customer service guy i spoke with told me " We have no idea when it will actually come out, but if you go to Androidforum.com.... you can download the leak....I did...It works great "... LMAO... I love this site now

nekoki likes this.
  22. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

That's friggin' hilarious if you ask me

23. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

No Way?!?:eek:

24. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

How many phones are on the Verizon Wireless store shelves? Do the employees have time to become experts with every phone and platform? Do they need to be? Nope. They just need to be able to sell what's on the shelf and know some basic features of each. No more, no less.

25. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member