Eris Video/VGA Adapter?General

1. KE4NYV

KE4NYV Well-Known Member

Google turned up nothing, but I wanted to see if anyone here was aware of any VGA or composite video adapter for the Eris. I don't even know if there is a video signal present on the bottom connector. I figured asking here was worth a shot.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

I've seen that there is a video out cable for the Eris. I'll have to find the link its buried some where in these forums.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
  3. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

Ok see if this works never posted links. http://www.htcdepot.com/htc-tv-out-cable-act100/11A75A5166.htm

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    cwhaxuallday likes this.
  4. shh

shh Well-Known Member

5. KE4NYV

KE4NYV Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Sounds like even if I had the cable, I would not have the video out, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if that is a function that gets added in firmware. Of course, that begs the question on whether they can add the option in firmware by producing the video via a digital means or if it's hardware based. If it's the latter, I would say the chances are very slim.

If that is the case, that really sucks that the iPhone has that feature over the Eris...because I hate the iPhone :D
  6. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

What would be the benefit of having a cable that was able to output a video signal to a monitor?
  7. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

8. TV Out is definitely a good thing to have, especially with the Droid and EVO 4G having it at 720P. That means, if you have enough room on your microSD card, you put a 720p Blu-Ray movie on it and watch it in hi-def with the use of an HDMI cord.

The Eris can't do this, because it doesn't support HD output, let alone any video output. Kinda sucks, but it's one of the advantages the Droid had at launch over the Eris and newer phones have now.

In addition to this, it records at 720p as well, so that's nice too when filming something.

I'm pretty sure the lack of an output jack can't be fixed on the Eris, but I could be wrong. Not sure how an adapter of some sort can be attached to it.
  9. KE4NYV

KE4NYV Well-Known Member

Actually, for me, my company attends many amateur radio conventions and we typically have the oppertunity to showcase our products (or at least the new ones) in a forum.

They usually have some kind of projector there for people to hook a laptop up and do a quick PowerPoint. I always take advantage of this, but that usually means dragging a laptop with me. I have a couple of apps now that can view PowerPoint presentations on the Eris, so I was thinking with the video out, I could just take my phone to these forums and use that for my PowerPoint presentation.
  10. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

yeah it would be great to be able to have video out capabilities but it looks like we will need to upgrade to the Eris 2, aka the Incredible, to be able to do that.