• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris wifi issues

Im having the same problem. Just got my phone a few days ago, and cannot see my wireless N router. It is made by "Buffalo" and seems to be a very stable router for all the laptops and other mobile devices. iPhones connect and see the wireless no problem. Im using mine in mixed mode, WPA2 auth type, with over a 30 char pw. My friend has an older HTC phone running windows mobile 6.0 and connects no problem as well. My phone has no problem seeing other wireless hotspots, but for some reason doesnt like my router either. I would hate to cut off the the N capability in the router, but after reading comments and solutions from other people, looks like i may have to do so. I was kind of wondering whether or not the WPA type is a problem. Maybe the PW is too long? Kind of a pain to sit around troubleshooting for hours, and, not to mention, completely unecesarry. Perhaps calling HTC would be my best bet at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones