Eris WIFI IssuesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eriscentro

eriscentro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 7, 2010
    Hello. I'm loving my eris. I experience no problems with it except for one. 90% of the time when my eris goes to sleep, the wifi connection drops. What happens is that I'll wake the phone, and it'll say I'm connected to wifi, but I can't access the web. I then have to restart WIFI to get it working again. I know that I can set wifi to never turn off, but that's not what I want. I'd just like the phone to not drop my connection when it wakes up. Is this a common problem? Is there a way I can fix it?

2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    I've noticed this happening with mine quite often. In fact, I changed mine to have WiFi stay awake all of the time. I have a very weak 3G signal here, so having WiFi is really important if I want any sort of network services.

Even then, if I go out and come home, about one times in ten the device will report an error trying to connect to one of my routers (I actually have three, all with the same SSID, on each floor of the house). Going into settings and manually reconnecting always works.