Eris will not power on: Replacement on the way!General

Last Updated:

1. jlampson

jlampson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had an issue today where I took the phone out of my pocket to check the time and it was powered off. I went to turn it on and no skateboarding-robot love. I thought the battery might have died, but one hour and two different chargers later, it still did not turn on. My co-workers Eris was the test subject for the battery and other components. It would not turn on at all and there was no charging light showing, either.

I called Verizon and I should have my replacement device on Thursday. Until then, I'm rocking (if you'd call it that) a Blackberry Tour. It feels weird. Other than Google Voice I doubt I'll even install any apps....

I wonder if I'll get one with 1.5 and I can root it. I had already installed 2.1v2 on it. I am excited about rooting, wifi tether, and so on. There's some great ROMs out there. I actually hope it does NOT come with 2.1 already. I'll fill all of you in!

John

Advertisement
  2. davros

davros Well-Known Member

it won't

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

2.1 is only possible if you get a refurb that nobody noticed was already upgraded.
    got any ideas on hom you killed it? i woudnt mind trying ;)

4. jlampson

The funny thing is that two hours later, after having the battery out for a while, it turned on. But...I have the "new" one on the way. I'm going to study up on this whole root thing. :)

5. andrizoid

SHHHHH! dont tell anyone!

6. smacky

smacky Banned

I think that's what happened to me when 2.1b was leaked. It's how I got two Erises.

Is it just me, though, or have the instances increased sharply the past few days? Seems like everyone and their wives are hitting this issue.

7. jlampson

I mean, I love the 2.1v2 leak and I was upset about the crash mostly because I was going to have to revert to a non-Android device. I didn't do anything on purpose. At the same time, I'm a little more than happy to get a stock device to, um, use to its fullest extent. Yeah, that's the ticket.

8. andrizoid

You didn't haver to return the original over?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

9. jlampson

If you're asking me, I haven't received it yet. As far as smacky's situation, well, maybe he'll share!