Eris will not sleep, 100% awake time. Please Help!!!!!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. Daralike

Daralike New Member This Topic's Starter

I have applied all the tips I read regarding increasing battery life. Yet my phone will not sleep. It still stays awake the whole time.
    Please Help!!!

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

what apps do you have installed?

3. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

Caddy, mine is doing the same. Only thing that has really changed on mine was I installed ebuddy per your suggestion as I too was looking for a yahoo and gtalk application. Also installed Lookout. Lookout is an anti virus and backup program. Do you think anti virus is even necessary?

4. Caddyman

I found that ebuddy keeps my phone awake, that is probably it.....sucks.

no i do not run anti-virus, but honestly i have no idea if you should or not so don't listen to me..lol

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use Meebo for YIM & the Facebook Messenging ... it doesnt have GTalk ... but there isnt a wake time issue with it.

6. stmartin84

Caddyman, it's a great little app (lookout) check it out. you can turn off the anti virus protection, backup, find my phone (which does not have to use the gps because I have the gps turned off) all separately.

Ebuddy is great, but I hate the 100% awake time. I did however notice a new setting in the ebuddy update "check for save battery time, but may delay messages up to 15 minutes" I don't have that checked, because I want instant notification.

I really want to use the native gtalk app, but I wanted a yahoo app as well that does auto log ins. You haven't found a yahoo app for that, have you? I wouldn't mind having two seperate apps if they both logged in automatically upon start up. I forget to open them manually.

7. stmartin84

Does it leave your phone awake 100% like ebuddy? Does it auto log in?

8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I dont have it on all the time ... but it doesnt seem to mess with the wake time when I use it. It does have an option for auto log in.

If Meebo doesnt work for you, there is another one called Nimbuzz. I am sure there is a bunch more, but those are the ones I have tried.

9. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

To the OP, are you using YouMail by any chance? That was one of the first apps I found to not let your phone sleep.

10. stmartin84

I for one don't use any mail app other then the gmail app and the native mail app. Just looking for other IM yahoo chat programs that do auto log in since the ebuddy keeps the phone awake 100%.

Also, is the Aol IM use the same log in as the gtalk application?

11. GrdLock

Have you tried Meebo?

12. stmartin84

I was going to, but according to the reviews quite a bit of people are complaining about crashing, etc. So I was going to hunt around a little more. Do you currently use Meebo? Does it keep your phone awake 100%, do you leave it running in the background all the time? You said it does auto log in, right?

13. GrdLock

No, I don't use it myself... I just read about it on another site and that site recommended it as the best Android IM app.

I don't use my phone for IMing.

14. Caddyman

i used meebo for a while, only thing i noticed was it would disconnect often.

15. stmartin84

Humm. Ya, Ebuddy is a reliable application, but the awake time is kind of a hard pill to swallow. Oh well.

16. stmartin84

I don't like the fact that I have to use my phone for IMing either. However, my buddy has a crackberry and he doesn't have unlimited texting, but he does have the data package so he uses yahoo. I'm just trying to accommodate him. I have another friend that is at work and she uses yahoo on her computer to chat with me.

17. GrdLock

I gotta say, this is the one thing that I liked better about my Blackberry. You never had to worry about any of this awake time crap!

18. stmartin84

So true. Wished they had blackberry ping for the droid for us fellow droid users.

Any news on the 1500mah battery? will a bigger cover be required?