Eris won't access facebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. guiltyflood

guiltyflood New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I'm really dumb when it comes to technology, so I come here!

I can't access facebook through my phone, unless I navigate using the broswer, which is a pain.

When I try accessing my facebook through contacts, I get an error (phone -> menu -> people -> Updates and events == nothing for me to access). When I use my contact card (phone -> menu -> people -> my contact card -> facebook), the message "Sorry! The application HTC New (process com.htc.htcnew) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I force close, and nothing ends up happening.

And yes, I did sync my phone and sync facebook. I don't want to do a hard factory reset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. Gato

Gato Well-Known Member

You installed the Facebook for Android app in the market....correct?

3. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Mine will not access Facebook today either for some reason. I can't get to it via the phone's web browser or the app. Both worked fine yesterday... also I can still access other websites no problem. Something must be broken on their end...?

4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

A quick Google search has informed me that the site is unavailable as of this afternoon... so yeah, nothing wrong on your end.

5. Gato

Gato Well-Known Member

Odd. The app is working fine for me.

6. guiltyflood

guiltyflood New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think it's the facebook app.

On my droid eris, I usually access facebook by (from home screen)
    Phone -> Menu -> People -> Updates and events -> Click on my name to directly take me to facebook. But, my name no longer shows up on the last page, and I can't use my contact card (where the error notice comes up).

I tried the facebook app, but it won't work. I can't directly upload photos to facebook from my phone anymore, either.

7. slpsaainc

slpsaainc New Member

i am having a problem with FB too--same as guiltyflood--also can't upload pics!! Frustrated