Eris won't answer callsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Guest This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend has an HTC Eris and here lately she's been having an issue answering phone calls.

This doesn't happen every time but does happen a lot - she'll get a call and will press answer on the phones screen and she then hears nothing. The person that's calling her doesn't hear her picking up, in fact with the tests we've done with my phone and a friends phone is that on the callers end it just keeps ringing as if she never picked up.

She picks up she hears nothing, the caller on the other hand just hears the phone keep ringing.

Any idea's what's causing this? She's not running any custom ROMs, in fact it's a stock phone up til about 2 days ago when I did root the phone - however she had this problem prior to that as well.

2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Sounds like the infamous "silent call bug". There have been many phones replaced for this exact problem.
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Yep, that would be silent call. The only thing you can and should do is take the phone back to Verizon and get it replaced. I'd unroot it first though.