Eris won't boot upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bu9

bu9 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there, i updated to the 2.1 original leak a week or two ago around when it first came out, and it's been working fine ever since. Of course there's been the few bugs here and there but nothing to get worried about. Today, i got home with a low battery, and it died while sitting on my couch. i went up stairs, plugged it in, and turned it back on. It has now been 30 minutes and it is still on the android skateboarding screen :confused:. I've tried plugging it in to get into the SD card because i dont have any other way of accessing it, to try and reprogram it to the 2.1 leak but i can't figure out how to get in without putting it in disc mode on the phone itself. I have an iMac btw (no hate :p), so if anyone has an idea that could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Did you already try a soft reset? (Pull battery, wait a minute, put it back and power on.)

3. bu9

Yep, I've tried that, and I've tried volume down+power button to turn it on to see if i had the file in there already by chance, but neither worked.

Edit: And I've tried booting up without the SD card in the phone, still doesn't work

4. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

You could try a hard reset:

With the phone OFF, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN & SEND KEY. Then press the POWER BUTTON. When prompted hit the trackball, and that will restore everything to factory as if you had just flashed. You'll need to do a *228 again and setup gmail and all that as it will erase everything off your phone. Your SD card will NOT be touched doing this.

5. bu9

Tried doing that, still stuck at the three skateboarding androids :( I'm gonna bring it into the verizon store, because i have a feeling this is something more to do with hardware

6. whodey

whodey New Member

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution for this?

7. smacky

smacky Banned

He probably returned it to the store. If it won't boot up and you have some lazy-ass employees at your VZW store, they won't even try and see if they can still view your firmware number, and may just give you a new phone.