Eris's in the wild.General

Last Updated:

1. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im just gonna grab this from the INC. forums.

With the presumed EOL, how many eris's have you seen in the wild out side of your home and verizon store?

I have seen 3.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There's one running through the field behind my house right now!

carmendiva and ERISLOVER like this.
  3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, none. I've seen a Droid here or there, not one Incredible/Eris/Ally at all though. Disappointing, kind of, but hey, I like being the only one I know to have a phone =]

4. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hahahah. let me rephrase that :p lol

5. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

my friend's girlfriend has one. a friend of mine has one. i have seen a few actually.

6. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

I've only seen 3 and I'm a freak about noticing what phone people are using. I see a lot of Moto Droids and Blackberries everywhere. And amongst the Lemmings, iPhones seem to be very popular...

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

7. jps

jps Well-Known Member

there all over the place here in detroit, i think its because of michigans HORRIBLE economy. everyone trying to save as much money as possible around these parts.

8. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

At my son's little league game the other night, I counted three Droids (had to show one person how to zoom with the camera) and several Blackberries and iPhones. My sister is the only other person I know who has an Eris.

P.S. Man that Motorola Droid is an ugly thing! ;)

9. Frisco

I'm beginning to think that that is the appeal to some who purchase it.

10. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

There is a girl who went to my school who has an Eris...but other than that, none. I see some Hero's, some MyTouch 3g's, some Droid's, and have seen a couple Incredibles that customers have pulled out while I am working...no Eris's though.

11. goofdad

goofdad Well-Known Member

C'mon people, I've seen about half a dozen other ones here in my little town in Oregon, so they can't be THAT uncommon!

12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

In November when VZW was pushing Android, there were 2 phones, Eris and Droid. Loved the feel of the Eris, coming from a Pearl, but was leery of the touch screen. So I seriously considered the Droid for about 2 minutes. The sales guy was pushing the Droid due to 2.0 and he had one. So I asked about the keyboard and he said it was nice but he hardly ever used it. Never looked at the Droid again except when I practice my shotput. That thing is a brick twice over.

Never saw an Eris in the wild, no wait!! I did, I just remembered. It was at a bar and the gal next to me had one. We chatted a bit and then I got high.

13. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

I know of four other people with Eris's. My sister, two of my buddies and a chick on one of the opposing flag football teams we played against.

14. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I've yet to see one.

And when I walked into the Verizon store, i had every intention of getting the Moto Droid. That's what several of my co workers have and what I'd seen on tv.

Hadn't seen one bofore that day. (it was love at first sight)

15. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I seldom see them in captivity, but I'm hoping to spot some in the wild on a Safari I have planned later this summer.

16. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member

17. paulmmcneil

paulmmcneil Member

Since I got mine, my family has been going Droid crazy. My sister got an Eris, and my brother and mother both picked up Incredibles in the last few weeks, making me a little jealous, to be honest...

18. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Everybody in my family has an Eris now lol. I really wanted a smartphone after getting a taste of one with Nokia Symbian. I wouldn't have minded the Droid, but it was a little too expensive. And since they were doing all those deals with Eris's, my parents thought what the hell.

I've seen many Eris's. Quite a few people have them in my school, actually. And when I went to New York, I saw many people that had one as well. I've seen some people with Droid's, but not nearly as many that have Eris's. I've seen about 2 Incredibles. And nobody here has an iPhone. You can tell if someone is out of state if they have an iPhone.

19. xx_bishop_xx

Wow, you're actually seeing more people with Eris's than Droids? So much for Verizon/Motorola marketing schemes. It seems like here it's the opposite. Everyone seems to have a Droid (or an iPhone) to the point that I get questions about what type of phone it is that I own.

20. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Many Eris' in the wild would not be able to be seen by any but the most intrepid hunter. Their ability to hide in purses and pockets make them virtually impossible to distinguish from their surroundings. Therefore you might be walking past one very 5 minutes and not be aware of it.

jps likes this.
  21. xx_bishop_xx

^ That was very profound. I like.

22. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Maybe I don't hang with the right people, but I've seen upward of 20+ Eris's ever since I cared to start looking for them. Only 2 people that I know of have Droid's at my school, and I've seen maybe 5 from random people.

23. Frisco

Yeah, but those were all in captivity.

24. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

I've seen 100 iPhones for every Droid Eris... Not that popular here in Texas

25. xx_bishop_xx

Oh, well if they are Eris users, you're most definitely hanging with the right people. ;)
    It was just interesting to read.

Sacly...