Erratic touch screenSupport

1. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

Droid X, Rooted deodexed 2.2 no other mods

Starting around 6PM tonight my touch screen has gotten very erratic. To the point where I can tap the messaging Icon once and it will open it, then pick a random message, enter that conversation, pick a single message and enter that too.

From the home screen, if I tap the menu icon, it will open the drawer, then pick a random app to open.

It was working fine yesterday, all this has happened in the last few hours. I am on the verge of Flashing it back to an unrooted 2.1. Is this necessary, or is someone else having this problem and found an easier fix. Right now I have just pulled the battery for a little bit.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dlbrando

went with the SBF, however after the first time it stayed looked in the boot screen alternating between the written word Droid and the Eye. Tried a second time and same thing.
  3. dlbrando

after a factory reset the problem still persists, guess I will be heading to the verizon stor tomorrow to see if I can get it fixed or warrentied out
  4. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

You might not have been on 2.2, what's your bootloader version? Did you try to restore a backup to see if the problem persisted?
  5. dlbrando

tried a backup, no joy, tried a flash, no joy, factory reset, nothing. Took it into Verizon, spoke with someone who knew quite a bit and we kinda danced around the whole root and mod issue. He said with everything I had done it had to be hardware related, so now they are overnighting me a new phone.
  6. BusaRider

BusaRider Well-Known Member

HeHe, read that as ErOtic touch screen. Was expecting a whole different thread.