erratic touch sensitivity while Droid in dock

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone have a dock like me and when you try to push app icons or enter calendar info or try to type, the Droid wigs out? You push here but the app 2 apps over highlights or opens. Try to long press on the Calendar to do an input and the page just jiggles back and fourth like it cannot decide what your doing? Use your finger to flick to another home screen, and instead, it triggers the app shelf to open.

take it out of the dock and... perfect

what's up with that?

Advertisement
  2. Lemurion

Lemurion Well-Known Member

I have the same issue when mine is connected to power. Oddly enough my gf's has no such problems.

3. Lock-N-Load

hmm... i thought it might be a dock thing, but you have it with the cable.

is the cable OEM or aftermarket?

4. jontyab

jontyab New Member

What i find odd, is that my touchscreen works perfectly under all situations, except when i'm in one particular Computer lab of my uni. Holding my finger on the screen, input will erratically dart around the screen.

(not coincidental, I've been using that lab for the last 17 weeks)

5. Lock-N-Load

I wonder if it is somehow some power fluctuation related issue. I never use the cable, only the cradle, and the erratic behavior is very regular. when I hook it to my car charger, can't recall the issue though.

6. Lemurion

Both with the standard Motorola cable that came with it and with the cable from my Sony Reader with an adapter. Same behavior with both, though more pronounced when connected to my Vaio with USB.

7. grrnewt

grrnewt New Member

Ive had the same problem with mine. Im not entirely aware of how the touch screens work, but I figured that it would work best when it made a sort of circuit with your body, so I started keeping contact with the metal around the screen while its in the dock. The screen works MUCH better when I do this.
    Might work for you, might not, but its worth a try

Lemurion likes this.
  8. Lemurion

I think that may be the case - I'm using a body glove on mine so have no direct contact with the metal.

9. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Just to add another "me, too" the same thing happens to me when mine is in a dock (not the OEM dock). However, when it's connected to the computer or charger via the OEM cable, it's fine.

I recall reading on another thread about this that there was an assumption it had to do with non-OEM power supplies and/or non-OEM cables.