• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error 497 while downloading GO Launcher EX

Parm206

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Hi,

I am getting error 497 when I tried to download GO Launcher EX on my new Samsung galaxy Y. I tried downloading it twice. When downloaded 71% and 86% of the file, it gave the error 497. Please help me out ASAP.

Note: SamsungApps are working fine and I am also not getting any error while downloading them.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you and Regards,

Parm

Yes, I am downloading all applications from Android market. I am getting this error with many applications like Animated weather widgets, clock widgets, dictionary. I have successfully downloaded other applications from Android market. They are working well on my mobile.

I will try downloading the application from the link given above and then will keep you informed.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have downloaded all the applications, given above, successfully.

Please tell me why these applications are not downloading..

1. https://market.android.com/details?
id=bys.widgets.gurunank&feature=apps_topselling_free

2. https://market.android.com/details?
id=com.epestov.livewallpaper.bmw&feature=apps_topselling_free

The applications started downloading but when it was near to complete it started again downloading. Twice when it got downloaded to 36%, it again started downloading from 0%

Also tell me how to set a music file as ringtone in Samsung Galaxy Y.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
I just purchased a samsung skyrocket and was having the same problem. I was using my galaxy while i was waiting to get a new phone cause the tech support thought there was a problem w the firm/software on the skyrocket. I upgraded my galaxy from 2.2 to 2.3 and started getting the 497 error on it. I turned off my wi-fi and the problem was gone. I am not exactly sure but I beleive that 2.3 has a problem with the Market and wi-fi mix.

Upvote 0
i am getting 497 error while downloading any of the android application
Those errors come and go with the Android Market, as it can be unstable from time to time try clearing data from the Market app in the application manager. Clear both cache and data and then restart you device.Or you can try running it thru the Discombobulator and see if that helps:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones