error 67 on rooted hero, what would you do?

Last Updated:

1. SeanFL

SeanFL Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running Damage 2.0 and then tried Fresh 2.0c in hopes of getting rid of the error 67 provisioning error (can't get data over the cell network).

When I called Sprint, they want me to go into settings, and update the phone. I don't think any of the 2.1 roms play nice in this area.

I had an ndroid backup of my original 1.5 right after I rooted. After restoring it, no more error 67...but I can't stay on 1.5 after tasting the 'good stuff!'

so, any ideas on how to get rid of error 67 on the newer builds?

Thanks for help. Sean

Advertisement
  2. brooose

brooose New Member

If you update your profile in the original 1.5 and then wipe and install Fresh 2.0c, you should be okay. That is what I did and I have been fine. Just don't try to swap your Hero onto a different phone line in the 2.1 leaked ROMS. As far as I know, there is no way to either update your profile in the settings and the old school ## commands don't work either.

3. SeanFL

Thanks brooose

I did give that a shot (going back to stock 1.5) but didn't seem to be able to update profile. It gave an error each time, or just came back and said no error available, although 1.5 did seem to pull data from sprint.

So I wiped again, came up to fresh 2.0c and also tried a recent damage and still can't get data over the cell network. Pretty odd, it failed after working so well, and I hadn't tried anything near the time it failed.

I'll keep tinkering and if I can figure it out, will post back for some help. Sean

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

If you're up to it, try RUU'ing and starting from scratch. Sometimes it's worth just starting over and having fun setting everything up again lol

Otherwise, it could be that PRI issue that's floating around, and there's a fix for that on XDA...somewhere lol

5. SeanFL

6. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

most likely it is your pri its from the leaked eris roms or something...

luckily i didnt have any pri issues...

you will have to get your msl code...