1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Error after factory reset.Support

1. vwfreek

vwfreek New Member

I've been playing with my LT7033D, changing settings, adding apps, removing apps. It was starting to lag, so I decided to do a factory reset and start fresh now that I'm more familiar with the layout. Now once it boots up an error screen appears "Unfortunately, com.android.phone has stopped." Once I hit ok, it pops back up again. I did a factory reset again, and it's still there. Is there a way to fix this? I'm guessing something in the system thinks this thing is a phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. haldav

haldav Member

Happy New Year, vwfreek.

Something like this happened to my wife's device. It lagged, became unresponsive, began closing apps on its own, etc. I pressed the reset button and it became stuck in a bootloader loop. We took it back and exchanged it for another one that works great. It's a pretty decent device for the $.

The reason your device thinks it's a phone is that the android OS was designed primarily for mobile smartphones then later adapted for tablets. The developers haven't changed the code in the various versions to reflect which device it's on since v4.0.4 (for example) is found on both phones and tablets. This means they don't need two different versions of the same OS.