• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error code 1012

NCHornet

Apr 8, 2010
I just got my Hero two days ago. I was told to make sure there were to firmware or PRL updates. The Firmware said it was up to date. I tried the PRL update this morning and it said it could not be done now to try later. If problem persists contact Sprint. Error code 1012. I am not sure what PRL even is and does this sound like a problem on Sprint's end or my phone? Sorry for the dumb question, I am new to all this technology, lol!!
Thanks for the help, I will try the update of PRL later this afternoon.
NCH

Wow I had a cell phone for years and never knew that. lol!!! Since someone else got the same message it may be Sprint so I will try later today and see if I can get it to work.

NCH

Eventually the phone automatically pushes the update through.

@NCHornet... Definitely give Sprint a call. There is a data/vision problem, and they can take care of it easily and in a speedy manner.

Upvote 0
My wife's phone battery has been draining faster than usual lately, so I checked spare parts on her phone. Turns out Com.Smith.DM (apparently an update-related process) was keeping her phone awake 50% of the time. I tried to do a PRL and Profile update, and it errored out (same as above).

I went into Apps Manager (under settings) and force closed that process and the updater and then cleared the data. Her phone seems to be back to normal.

Now I need to call Sprint to figure out why her phone is getting that message.

Upvote 0
Eventually the phone automatically pushes the update through.

@NCHornet... Definitely give Sprint a call. There is a data/vision problem, and they can take care of it easily and in a speedy manner.

Thanks Scott, I tried to do it again this afternoon and it did the same thing. I will give Sprint a call tomorrow.
Thanks Again
NCH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones