Error code 1012

Last Updated:

1. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Hero two days ago. I was told to make sure there were to firmware or PRL updates. The Firmware said it was up to date. I tried the PRL update this morning and it said it could not be done now to try later. If problem persists contact Sprint. Error code 1012. I am not sure what PRL even is and does this sound like a problem on Sprint's end or my phone? Sorry for the dumb question, I am new to all this technology, lol!!
    Thanks for the help, I will try the update of PRL later this afternoon.
    NCH

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I get the same error right now, but I think PRL 60663 is the most recent anyway. PRL is basically which cell towers you can use, updates may add more towers in your area

3. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

Try to update the PRL at least once a week if you can remember....they are always updating towers..and if you catch a new tower update...it can really help out the signal!

4. NCHornet

Wow I had a cell phone for years and never knew that. lol!!! Since someone else got the same message it may be Sprint so I will try later today and see if I can get it to work.

NCH

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Eventually the phone automatically pushes the update through.

@NCHornet... Definitely give Sprint a call. There is a data/vision problem, and they can take care of it easily and in a speedy manner.

6. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I downloaded the PRL update and manually updated my phone, got a much better signal here at the house, but now I roam in my Eastern Civ class, good thing BSU has campus wide wifi

7. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

My wife's phone battery has been draining faster than usual lately, so I checked spare parts on her phone. Turns out Com.Smith.DM (apparently an update-related process) was keeping her phone awake 50% of the time. I tried to do a PRL and Profile update, and it errored out (same as above).

I went into Apps Manager (under settings) and force closed that process and the updater and then cleared the data. Her phone seems to be back to normal.

Now I need to call Sprint to figure out why her phone is getting that message.

8. NCHornet

Thanks Scott, I tried to do it again this afternoon and it did the same thing. I will give Sprint a call tomorrow.
    Thanks Again
    NCH

9. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I have seen these phones throw the 1012 when trying the prl update when there isn't one ready. If your data services are working, If you can browse and download, ignore it. Sprint will only factory reset your phone.

10. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

if you are getting this error....you probably have a bad PRI ..

are you guys rooted? if so, which ROM are you using?

you need your MSL code to fix it ...

11. NCHornet

No I am not rooted and I just got the phone two days ago so maybe there is no PRL update. Maybe I should wait awhile and try the update again. And yes everything is working just fine. Thanks for the help.
    NCH