error: device not found - after root, trying to adb

Last Updated:

1. angingrich

angingrich Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys.

Used Toast root this morning successfully and without problem. Trying to use evo-recovery and every time I try to do anything I get the error, "error: device not found." Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Advertisement
  2. robg2008

robg2008 Well-Known Member

did you install the usb drivers from the sdk?

angingrich likes this.
  3. angingrich

No.... so if I understand correctly, I have to install the SDK in order to install those drivers?

Thanks for the help

Edit: Downloaded Android SDK, all default packages, and USB Driver package... still getting the same message. Also, for what it's worth, I connected to my computer via USB as disk drive in order to get the root zip on phone. Again, the root installed perfectly so far as I can tell, and I'm now rooted.

4. JoshHuman

JoshHuman Member

After installing the SDK download and install the newest htc sync, install then reboot and plug in the phone while in debugging or recovery mode. This should do it for you.

angingrich likes this.
  5. angingrich

Oi, holy hell that was a pain in the ass. I repeatedly tried to update the driver to the one in the Android SDK without any success. Had to download and install HTC Sync, then run it in HTC Sync mode rather than Disk Drive. Booting into recovery mode now.... I forced recovery mode earlier this morning (with the power button and volume down) and it just sat at the screen with an image of the phone with the red triangle for about an hour and a half. It's sitting there now as I type this, but hopefully something happens.

Edit: Duh. Ran the evo-recovery batch file. Updating to fresh now. Thanks for the help guys... +thanked.

6. angingrich

Installed Fresh... stuck on infinite startup loop (would restart up to the 4G logo, then pause, then restart, etc). Reinstalled fresh... same problem. Not really sure what to do here =\

Edit: Turns out my stupidity knows no bounds. I had to wipe data and cache. Duh.

Thanks, and sorry for so many stupid posts =X