Error during SBF back to 2.1 - "Code Corrupt" in bootloader, what now?

Last Updated:

1. the_Fiddler

the_Fiddler Member This Topic's Starter

I was following the instructions on "How to: Return DROID X Back to Android 2.1 to go from 2.2 leak, to stock 2.1 so I can get the OTA 2.2 update. I've never rooted and after RSD did several things, it gave an error something like "Error sending RAM download for bootloader..." (there was more to it than that, but I don't have it on my screen anymore). After trying several things, my phone now comes on to the bootloader, but says "Code Corrupt" then "Battery Low" and "Cannot Program" flash on individual lines below. I plugged it into an outlet for nearly two hours and I'm still getting the same thing.

Anyone seen this if so how do I get beyond it? One thing I read said that he just checked "ODM_Serial" under Config>Flash/Flex options and started over and it worked. That would be great, but the computer won't recognize it as connected as long as it's doing what I described above. Anyone know how to get it out of this? I swear the battery should be above 75% now.....

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

It won't charge once you do this. You started the program with insufficient battery life, it died in the middle. Once the firmware is corrupted, it won't allow the battery to charge.

You either need to strip your USB cable and get it to charge that way (sorry, don't have the link, but there are multiple threads on it on XDA Developers), or you can borrow a friend's battery.

3. the_Fiddler

the_Fiddler Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Took it to the VZW store they charged the battery for me... actually I think they just replaced it with a new one. I was one of those idiots that pulled the battery ejection tab off (or is it Moto that's the idiots for not making it more obvious when there's not batt in there?). So in order to get the batt out the guy was using a small screwdriver, I'm pretty sure he tore up the outside casing of the battery, so they stuck a new one in. This one's clean without any marks from him or from me removing the batt. Anyway, with a charged battery, everything went smoothly, now on 2.2! And thanks to MyBackupPro, will have everything back as it was on leaked 2.2, shortly.

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Nice!

Just FYI, you don't need a screwdriver to take the battery out. Take the cover off, and whack the camera "hump" firmly on your hand. The battery will pop right out. I still have my tab but it's MUCH easier to pull the battery that way than to fool with the slippery little tab.