• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error: file cannot be displayed or played (please help!)

Shrox

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
So i've had the phone for a out a month now and everythings been amazing. However,starting yesterday I haven't been able to play any of my music, videos, online videos, nothing. The error I get mainly is "file cannot be displayed or played" or something like "audio file not supported" when I try to play music.

This is really starting to bug me and I have no idea what to do. Please help me out. Thanks

So i've had the phone for a out a month now and everythings been amazing. However,starting yesterday I haven't been able to play any of my music, videos, online videos, nothing. The error I get mainly is "file cannot be displayed or played" or something like "audio file not supported" when I try to play music.

This is really starting to bug me and I have no idea what to do. Please help me out. Thanks

hmm. never seen this before.

try this:
pull the battery and put it back in. hold the home button, and power up the phone. when the little android guy pops up on the screen, hit the search button. go down to "clear cache" using the volume button, and select it with the camera button, then go down and select yes.

if that doesnt work, maybe someone else has a fix. as a last resort, you can always go to settings > privacy > factory data reset. this will restore the phone to factory settings. you wil lose all of your apps, but one of them may be the cause of the issue in the first place. all of your contacts will likely come back when you sign into gmail again.

hopefully clearing cache will work.

Upvote 0
hmm. never seen this before.

try this:
pull the battery and put it back in. hold the home button, and power up the phone. when the little android guy pops up on the screen, hit the search button. go down to "clear cache" using the volume button, and select it with the camera button, then go down and select yes.

if that doesnt work, maybe someone else has a fix. as a last resort, you can always go to settings > privacy > factory data reset. this will restore the phone to factory settings. you wil lose all of your apps, but one of them may be the cause of the issue in the first place. all of your contacts will likely come back when you sign into gmail again.

hopefully clearing cache will work.
I was a minute away from a hard reset until I tried this and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a ton, Sundown

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones