• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error Flashing CWM

So, I am trying to ROM an extra OG Droid I bought to play around with to bide my time til some 4G phones come, and I cant flash clockwork. From what I understand, the only way to do it is to flash thru ROM manager (no update.zip or anything?), and when i try, it says "An error occurred while flashing your recovery." it is on a freshly wiped/rooted phone... any ideas? it's gotta be server issues, right?

first,you might try uninstalling and reinstalling rom manager,if you havent tried that allready. a reboot may help also. the other thing that comes to mind is do you have a data connection? if your droid isnt active,youll need to be in wifi. if it is,make sure youre either in wifi or have 3g enabled. rom manager does have to download the recovery to flash it.

will the alternate recovery flash? if so can you flash clockwork after flashing the alternate?

ive had issues with clockwork on my incredible,and whats fixed it a couple times is deleting the "settings" and "downloads" files from the clockworkmod folder. ive never had to do that on my droid,but if all else fails,its worth a shot :)

in a worse case scenario,there are .sbf files you could flash with rsd lite :eek: but i doubt it will come to that. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones