Error geeting Apps form Play Store

1. Paul30824

Paul30824 New Member

Hi All

First time posting.

Just recently got the following message when trying to download/install from PlayStore: "Error retirieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hi Paul - Welcome to Android Forums.

Ok, give this a try: Make sure you know your Google username and password, then go to settings > accounts and Sync (or something like that - it will depend on your phone) and remove your Google account. Now open play store and either re-add, or select your account.

Hope that helps.
  3. kokotele

kokotele Member

I'm getting the same error on an HTC Thunderbolt today.

I went to remove the account as you suggested, but it's the only account I have on the phone and it won't let me remove it without doing a factory reset. Since I just did a factory reset yesterday and have been downloading apps without problem so far, I'm hesitant to do that again.
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

If you already performed a factory reset as suggested above, removing the account causing a factory reset would do the same thing as performing any old factory reset, so just keep redownloading apps and hopefully the problem will not arise again.
  5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

You could also try clearing the data or cache on the Play Store app. Hope this works and welcome to Android Forums. :)
    eyebeam likes this.
  6. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hmmm... That's odd. I have an HTC too (Evo 3D) and when I got to Accounts and Sync, then tap on Google, I get the option to Delete Account.

Maybe see if this does the trick - Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > find and click on Google Play Store > Clear Data & Cache

Also, it could just be that since more than one of you is getting this error, that Google Play is being a little wonky today.
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Paul. :hello:

I don't think it is just you. I'm also getting an error on my phone and I've seen posts from several other people on different devices having this trouble. It seems like it may be Google. I just got home and tried on my Nexus 10 and it is working. I just tried my phone and it is working again so it may work for you now.
  8. kokotele

kokotele Member

FWIW, I just tried downloading again without doing any other troubleshooting steps and it's working, so it must have been a Google thing.
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  9. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Glad it resolved itself. :)