Error invalid number FIX.Support

Last Updated:

1. garagevan

garagevan Member This Topic's Starter

Simple and easy, if you're having trouble sending texts even after you changed the contact info to a 10 digit# do this,
    -open the message window/conversation
    -menu->more->delete messages->select all->delete
    -now click send message, the name and number on the top of the screen is now ready to be modified. Add the area code and a dash to the beginning of the # and send a message.Yay

EDIT. Nevermind, once you leave the window it goes back to the old 7 digit #.
    Damn I wanted this fixed.

Advertisement
  2. DannyB

DannyB Well-Known Member

I am most annoyitated by that bug.

Here is how I work around it.

I have only one person that seems to persistently have the 7 digit number.

So when I want to text that one person, I do this:

New Message (compose new message)
    Recent
    Pick the person who I normally can't text. (so checkbox turns green)
    Add (button at bottom)
    Touch the "Type to compose" and begin typing.

3. garagevan

garagevan Member This Topic's Starter

I did get it to work but it was a pain. Phone is rooted
    -download titanium backup then batch backup all system info, then deleted the sms/mms prefs.
    -settings->privacy->factory data reset->reset phone and erase data
    -when the phone comes back on I created the two contacts I was having trouble with and sent them both a message to make sure all was good
    -reroot the phone and install titanium backup again and restore.
    this fix actually worked but it wasn't as easy as the other

4. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

I also started having this issue today with just one contact. I sent the contact an sms and didn't realize it till after I sent that it was only 7 digit. So i did all of what you all did and still will not keep the 1(XXX) on it. I even completely deleted and then let him send me a txt it shows the first 4 digits as soon as I reply it goes back to 7 digits. This has to be most annoying thing yet lol.... Weirdest part is how it only does it to 1 contact. . Seems several others are having the same issue with this. So a factory reset helped clear up this issue... Hmmmm

5. DannyB

DannyB Well-Known Member

6. highdesert

highdesert Member

I have the same problem with just one contact, but that contact is on the same account with me. Is this the same case for others having the problem?

7. DannyB

DannyB Well-Known Member

The one contact I have this problem with IS on the same account with me. Yet another user on the same account with me (but with a feature phone instead of an iPhone) does not have this problem (eg, I can simply reply to a text message and it works).

8. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

i have the same problem and it is pretty irritating , there has to be a better way.

9. CelineDoll

CelineDoll Member

Basically, you just have to live with this problem? I have been going nuts trying to fix it and after a trip to the AT&T store to get THEM to fix it (useless attempt), I came here hoping someone might have the answer.. but it seems to be as much a mystery to every one else, as it is to me. I just wish the number that it does this with, wasn't the one I MOST text all day! :mad:

10. knicholson1

knicholson1 New Member

11. Junkmale

Junkmale New Member

This worked for me. Edit the contact and delete the mobile number, ensure the mobile numer field is completely empty. TYPE IN the number - DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT. Do not use the senders info to create/update the number, you must manually type it in. Save the contact and the 'invalid number' message should (hopefully) go away. If this works for you then it would indicate that the original number may have contained an invisible and unwanted control code.

DannyB likes this.