Error Manually Updating to 2.3.3

Last Updated:

1. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

Trying to manually update to 2.3.3 to see if my darn Home button issues will be fixed, so I am following the instructions here: How to Download & Install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread On Nexus S [Guide] , but upon booting the .ZIP from my "SDCard (lol)", it attempts to run the package, but then returns the following error:

"Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted"

Any idea what that means exactly??

2. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

I was getting the error also. I redownloaded the firmware and tried again and it worked. I also didn't bother renaming the file to either.
  3. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

what folder did you copy the file to? Just the Nexus S root folder?
  4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Root of the SD card (SD portion on Nexus S).
  5. 2puneet

2puneet New Member

i have problem in updating my android sdk to 3.0 when tried updating my eclipse stopped working
    it gives error in login...
    what should i do?

thanks in advance........
  6. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

I don't have an SD card folder on my Nexus S and I can't understand why anyone would seeing as there is no SD card slot..
  7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

There is a folder called sdcard which is mounted as your SD partition. It's still internal storage, but looks and acts like an SD card so that apps that need an SD card will still function. If you plug your Nexus S into your computer via USB and select the storage option, this sdcard folder is shown as the root directory; however, if using adb or accessing USB storage from the recovery menu, you'll likely be seeing the Nexus S' true root directory.
  8. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

I pasted the file into the Nexus S root folder.. No SDcard sub-folder or anything, just straining in the root folder, and it worked :).
  9. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Off-topic and not even related to Nexus S.
  10. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Assuming you copied the file over via the normal USB Storage method, that would be your /sdcard folder. It shows up as a root folder because that folder is mounted as a virtual partition.