Error message: Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.Support

Last Updated:

1. BiRd DaWgY

BiRd DaWgY Member

I get this message every time i try to creat a gmail accout or try to creat one on my phone.

I can use the data on my phone to browse theweb so i know the data works. i tried connecting to a wif then trying but that didnt work either.

Thanks for any help given
    Bird Dawgy

2. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if it's a stupid question, but have you made a phone call from your phone yet? I had this problem too when I first got my phone - apparently Sprint doesn't let you do anything until you make your first phone call and speak to a Sprint rep.

Though you did say your browser worked, so maybe this isn't the issue...
  3. BiRd DaWgY

BiRd DaWgY Member

I have recieved a phone call but have yet to place a call ill try it and get back to you.
  4. BiRd DaWgY

BiRd DaWgY Member

I have placed multiple calls and still nothing works.
  5. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

Maybe try updating your Profile and PRL Settings?

Go to Settings and About Phone then update them.
  6. citrusflyer

citrusflyer New Member

i talked with Sprint tonight about this problem on my Samsung Moment... the lady said it was an error on the android market's side and that they can create a ticket to fix it. I called their advanced technical support at 877-809-6696.
  7. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

This happened to me when my 2 year old got a hold of my phone and messed up the settings. He erased the account and I tried several methods and still no success,the same error. What I ended up doing is backing up all my contacts via Gmail, did a factory reset and voila, it worked. I don't know if you've done the update (CL14) but if you haven't give it a shot if you'd like. Good luck. :) I don't know if you did a factory reset that it would bring you back to pre CL14?? :)
  8. danielleranae12

danielleranae12 New Member

I just switched over my samsung moment and all of my information as far as my contacts and pictures were sent over to my new phone. i started up the gmail account on my market and now it is giving me an error saying "a server error has occured", nor can i download my facebook for android.. please help :(
  9. josesan311

josesan311 Member

go to Applications/Settings/Accounts & Sync/then turn on Backround data
  10. Fatfil

Fatfil New Member

Thanks so much, this had been driving me batty. I got a new android tablet and was having the same error message and after changing the setting "Applications/Settings/Accounts & Sync/then turn on Backround data" it works fine. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!
  11. russelland

russelland New Member

hi, i am mohammad yasin from bangladesh, i bought a htc desire hd android phone; model # HTC Desire HD A9191, now the actual problem is i can not access Adroid Maret since i am not able to add my gmail account id in Goole Server through the phone, I tried the process several times but failed. So please help me knowing the correct way to avoid such problem.
    Thank you,