Error message on home screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. StLouis

StLouis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since today, my Milestone's been acting weird. I was adding all contacts from my previous phone to it (and I might have played around with some contact/sync settings in the process) Suddenly the phone started to slow down a bit, so I went back to the homescreen to go and check if there was something slowing things down, but I didn't get that far. It opened up my wallpaper, but without icons, and after a few seconds, showing the error: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with as only option a "Force Close" button. When I press that, the screen goes black (status bar is not affected), reloads the wallpaper and the error pops up again.
    Seeing I was messing with my contacts, I thought that might be the problem, so I just deleted them all, but no success. Rebooting (several times, removing battery whilst turned off, ~) does not help.
    My phone is totally unusable atm, the only way I can move around is using the search key+keyboard shortcuts.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try installing a 3rd party launcher like launcher pro and see what happens.

3. StLouis

That works, but I don't like the idea of calling the problem "fixed" by just not using the homescreen anymore. The problem is still there, behind launcher pro, on the real homescreen.

4. Szadzik

Launcher Pro is a homescreen, but faster and more efficient.

5. StLouis

No, the real homescreen is still there, behind launcher pro, and it's still broken. Apps like taskswitcher still redirect to that homescreen.
    Just the idea there is something wrong with my phone makes me want to fix it, not so much the consequences of the fact that something is wrong. I'm bad at ignoring stuff going wrong.

6. Szadzik

Reinstall the home launcher then if you have a backup of the APK.

P.S. If you run Launcher Pro or any other launcher the default one is closed, you can even remove it completely if you are rooted and everything will still work fine.

7. StLouis

really? wow, that's new to me.

I don't have a backup of that... Is it possible to download someone else's and use that one, or is it important that I backup my own? (and if so, how?)

8. Szadzik

If you do not have a backup, forget it. You might want to search for it, but it will be difficult to find one that suits your firmware.

Why not use Launcher Pro or ADW or something that is better than the default launcher?

9. musiclover

musiclover New Member

Szadzik is right. When I used Launcher Pro, I've never use the default launcher again.