Error Message- Please Help!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Starting today I haven't been getting my usual HTC email notifications and when I open the HTC mail client the messages are there, but I get an error message that says, "Alert... There is not enough free space. Please delete some messages and try again."

I'm also not able to send photos via the photo app by email. The message sends but not the attachment, only a 1 kb attachment which isn't the photo at all.

My phone storage is virtually empty and I always keep my inboxes clear.

I've had this phone since launch with no real problems until now. I did update adw.launcher, launcher pro, smooth calendar and alarm clock yesterday if that helps.

I called Verizon and they told me to do a factory reset. This shouldn't be happening two months later on a perfectly running phone, should it?

I trust everyone on this forum over the Verizon tech support every day of the week. Please help!!!!

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced this, but there are other threads around about it. IIRC, a memory leak in the mail app may be involved and clearing the cache will help (in Applications/Manage applications).

3. DodgerinNH

thanks for the input, but clearing the cache was the first thing I did.

What is IIRC?

4. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

If I Recall Correctly :) Sorry I can't be more help (just went hunting for one of the earlier threads and couldn't find it, sorry...but I know there are a couple around).

5. DodgerinNH

No worries, I appreciate it. This is driving me nuts!!

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If it is in fact an issue with the HTC mail app alone, I'd load K9 mail and ditch HTC altogether to see if that alleviates the problem. You might like K9 better anyway. It's all I use.

7. DodgerinNH

that's funny, because I did do that for awhile, but was nervous about ditching the HTC mail client completely (at that time the HTC mail was working fine), so what I ended up with was both K-9 and HTC running simultaneously, and getting duplicate notifications, etc. So I ended up uninstalling K-9 which I really liked, actually.

Anyhow, I think I fixed it, or it fixed itself for the time being. I was somewhat wrong when I said I kept my accounts cleared out. It turns out I hadn't cleared out the trash or the sent folders, so that made the difference, and gave me some more space.

On other somewhat related topic, I think the reason I wasn't able to send attachments is that my SD card is full and I didn't realize that every email attachment from my HTC mail client is storing on the SD card in a folder called ".mail" which I wasn't even aware of which then in turn filled up my SD card without my knowledge.

It's kind of weird because I never intentionally store anything on my SD card except music. I've prompted my photos to save to internal storage, and whenever I open an email attachment I just look at it in the picture viewer.

Why the heck are all these files storing themselves on my SD card. I've checked all my settings and they seem all to be ok, so I wonder why this is happening, and I guess in the meantime, I'll just have to monitor that folder and clear it out every so often?

thanks for the response

8. mdhaf

mdhaf New Member

After reading all the solutions above and having no luck fixing the email storage problem, I noticed on my SD card under .mail I had a picture I sent that duplicated 32000 times. It was taking up 20% of my storage. I deleted all of the pictures and it fixed the issue.

9. This has just started happening to me. The phone displayed that message and after a while just gave up and said there was no mail to collect. If you delete all the items in the .Mail folder on the SD card the problem "should" be solved!

It worked for me.

I know this is a very old thread, i just wanted to confirm the reliability!

Cheers guys!

10. fvcs123

fvcs123 New Member

May have a solution more current...
    /mtd/sdcard/download/.mail delete the older token files