• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error msg when transferring file

Chojey

Lurker
Feb 24, 2010
Hi all,

I had yesterday received the Samsung Galaxy I7500 from Optus, and have today been playing around with it.

Right now, I am attempting to transfer files to the phone from the PC via the USB cable, so that I can have custom ringtone & notification sounds.

I have mounted the device using the phone so I can access the internal memory via Windows Explorer, and have made the 2 folders (notifications + ringtones), however when I transfer the file, it STARTS to transfer then the device disconnects and I get the following error message:

Error Msg.jpg

I have noticed that the first 5 or 10 seconds of the music transfer successfully before it gets cutoff...

I have tried to use NPS to try transfer the file (using the Media Manager), which appears to transfer the file fine, but those songs I transfer across does not even appear in the "Music" Application that the phone came with.

I have also tried to transfer (via Windows Explorer) other file types eg a PDF file but they also cause the device to disconnect...

For your reference I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit edition - I do not know if this is causing some sort of problem with the device?

I've tried to Google and used the forum search for similar file transfer issues but there appear to be none so I thought I'd post a thread... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

1.) Model Number ? Galaxy
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
3.) Baseband Version ? I7500DFII3
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27 (hyunchul0221.jung@SE-S402 #1)
5.) Build Number ? 76XXCSDCBALUM6375

Carrier ? Optus

Country you are using your phone in ? Australia

OK,

I tried it on a different computer and the file transfer worked absolutely fine!

So went back to my own computer and tried a different USB port and went smoothly as well... I just didn't expect that particular port to have any issues as it's the same USB port that I use when transferring things to/from my external USB drive & MP3 player...

Thanks again for all your help - looking forward to getting to know my first Android device!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones