error mssg: "SD card not detected"Support

1. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Hi. Just need a lil help, please, if possible. Galaxy Precedent SCH-M282C v2.2.2. Occasionally get an error message reading "SD card not mounted". Most of the time it magically "fixes" itself, but it has been 24 hrs now and still my phone is unable to acknowledge the SD card. As far as i know, i didnt do anything unusual. I've tried unmounting it(but i cannot "safely unmount the card if the phone isnt registering one in the first place), tried rebooting... idk what else to do or what happened. Any help, experience, suggestions.. would b greatly appreciated. I am not technologically astute. All my pictures and games are on thr card. A few minutes ago, however, it did notice the card when i temoved and it told me i could now safely unmount the card.. huh? I had already removed it.. ha! Go figure. Then it said SD card empty and then proceeded to once again inform me "sd card not detected".. completely lost. Sorry for rambling. Tried yo be detailed .. thank u in advance for any thoughts. And, no, i dont know if it's rooted or not.. so it probably isnt :)

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

are you by chance on the charger that is plugged into you computer? in usb mass storage mode perhaps?
    BMTB310 likes this.
  3. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Thank u for responding. No, the phone wasnt even plugged in when i noticed it.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

do you have another sd card you can insert and see if it works properly? maybe your sd card is going bad? or can you put it into your computer via sd card reader and adapter and reformat it (YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU DONT BACK IT UP FIRST) or see if it even works properly in your computer?
    BMTB310 likes this.
  5. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

I do have another card... I'll try that. Brb
  6. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Can't believe i didnt think of that
  7. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Ummm , sooo yep. The old card worked. My old phone died and straightalk replaced it for free for me. Along with the replacement phn they sent a new SD card as well. This one is 4gigs versus the one i bought that only had 2gigs on it. Maybe just a bad card then? And i REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND HELP! thaaaank u
  8. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Again, thank u very much
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

glad i can help! try to reformat the "bad" card. might get a little more life out of it but i wouldnt put anything on it important untill you feel comfortable that its good. might work? or just keep it around for backup or pitch it... lol im rambling now :D
  10. BMTB310

BMTB310 Member

Hahaha.. thank u. I will try