• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error on downloading apps in the android HP touchpad.

reuvenn

Lurker
Nov 13, 2011
Okay, After I downloaded android onto my hp touchpad, I decided to move my applications from the sd card into the 'phone'. After I did so, for few weeks later, when I tried to download some more games from the market, I received an error saying :"couldn't install on USB storage or SD card". At first I thought that the problem was because I had too many apps downloaded and I decided to uninstall most. After I uninstalled one of the app, when I tried to download it back, the same error surfaced and I could not download it. HELP.:(

There's no reason to move apps to the sdcard. As you can see it just causes problems.

This may not help, but it's easy: go to settings... applications... manage app and find market there. Uninstall updates.

Although it doesn't sound like the same error, the resolution may be the same: Sd Card Not Accessible....not Mounted? - RootzWiki

Upvote 0
There's no reason to move apps to the sdcard. As you can see it just causes problems.

This may not help, but it's easy: go to settings... applications... manage app and find market there. Uninstall updates.

Although it doesn't sound like the same error, the resolution may be the same: Sd Card Not Accessible....not Mounted? - RootzWiki

Oh. I tried the method but I still received an error saying :"couldn't install on USB storage or SD card".);

Upvote 0
No, I didn't receive the message and I did do the back up all new apps & newer versions thing, but nothing happened and The backup/Restore option still had nothing listed below. :/ I'm thinking of resetting the whole android system back to the original form when we first installed android on the HP touchpad. Do you have any idea? I'm completely clueless here and feeling very sorry for myself :/

Upvote 0
Oh. I tried the method but I still received an error saying :"couldn't install on USB storage or SD card".);

So you tried this:

Open terminal app.

type commands below

su <enter> (you should get a superuser root access prompt, followed by a # in your command window. When that finishes, proceed)

mount -o remount rw /mnt/sdcard<enter>

Upvote 0
Colchiro, you know the ADB command that forces apps to install to the SD Card (pm setInstallLocation 2)? Would the reverse work here? If it's trying to install/having an issue installing to the SD Card, if you force stuff onto the internal memory, would that sort? (pm setInstallLocation 0)

Apologies if this suggestion is way wide of the mark/not really helpful :eek:

Upvote 0
Colchiro, you know the ADB command that forces apps to install to the SD Card (pm setInstallLocation 2)? Would the reverse work here? If it's trying to install/having an issue installing to the SD Card, if you force stuff onto the internal memory, would that sort? (pm setInstallLocation 0)

I'm not familiar with that command. Can you also run it from terminal?

You might try opening a terminal window (I believe this is already installed, if not, you can try installing from Market) then type:

su (press enter. You should end up with a superuser prompt, then the cursor in your window should change to a pound sign)

Then type:
pm setInstallLocation 0 (and press enter-- I believe that's a zero :D)

Reboot and try again.

Should I try factory reset ?

Might be the quickest fix if the above doesn't work.

Upvote 0
:( No, none worked unfortunately. I really think my android's system has a major weird problem. Example would be that I have already uninstalled all my apps(Games,etc but not the important apps like superuser and others.

When I compared my touchpad to another of mine which had many games downloaded, that touchpad which had the most games only used up 124 MB.

Whereas the first one without any games etc used up 148 MB. :O

Both touchpads had the same number of important apps on it, and one has games included, while the other don't.

Well, looks like the only way to solve the problem is to reset it. Thanks anyway you guys for the wonderful info - that just couldn't work for mine :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones