• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error: System UI has stopped on Lenovo a680

Ive got the same problem, but the difference is that when i press OK for several times my phone shuts down. Its the same when i rebooted it. any suggestions on how to fix this? I am using a LENOVO phone

Recovery options are phone/model specific. If you let us know the exact model Lenovo phone you have, we can move your question there where other users will be able to get you the correct procedure to wipe the cache.

Upvote 0
I'm not finding a forum for your specific model, so let me try and help here for now.

To clear your cache, power down your phone. You may have to remove the battery. Then press and hold the volume up button and then press the power button and keep holding them both until the phone boots into recovery mode.

Use the volume up/down buttons to move your selection to 'wipe cache partition' and then use the power button to select this. You may see a confirmation menu to make sure that's what you want to do. once you've confirmed this, it will erase your cache and bring you back to the main menu. From there select reboot and see if that fixed your problem. If not, you might have to perform a factory reset. Be advised that a factory reset will erase your current data so make sure you've backed up first (if possible).

You can see step-by-step instructions here.

Upvote 0
I'm not finding a forum for your specific model, so let me try and help here for now.

To clear your cache, power down your phone. You may have to remove the battery. Then press and hold the volume up button and then press the power button and keep holding them both until the phone boots into recovery mode.

Use the volume up/down buttons to move your selection to 'wipe cache partition' and then use the power button to select this. You may see a confirmation menu to make sure that's what you want to do. once you've confirmed this, it will erase your cache and bring you back to the main menu. From there select reboot and see if that fixed your problem. If not, you might have to perform a factory reset. Be advised that a factory reset will erase your current data so make sure you've backed up first (if possible).

You can see step-by-step instructions here.

Hi. I've tried the methods but after pressing 'reboot system now' my phone wont start anymore.

Upvote 0
Hi. I've tried the methods but after pressing 'reboot system now' my phone wont start anymore.

Does it attempt to boot at all? Do you get a splash screen or a boot loop? It sounds like the system partition has been damaged and at this point you can try a factory reset, but 1.) that will wipe all your user data, and 2.) if your system partition is damaged, a factory reset won't work. You'll have to reflash the factory firmware, if it's available.

Upvote 0
Does it attempt to boot at all? Do you get a splash screen or a boot loop? It sounds like the system partition has been damaged and at this point you can try a factory reset, but 1.) that will wipe all your user data, and 2.) if your system partition is damaged, a factory reset won't work. You'll have to reflash the factory firmware, if it's available.

Yes it did, but it wont start. Its stuck in the welcome message tone. I also tried the factory reset., same result. How can i reflash the factory firmware?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones