Error trying to update radio, please help so i can enjoy Froyo!

Last Updated:

1. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, this is my first post here.
    just rooted a few days ago and decided today to try and flash a Froyo rom, was going to do skyraider. i read and followed the how-to for the radio update, unrooted, and placed the file on the root of my SD card. when i went to recovery when i attempt to run update.zip i get an error saying 'not found' 'authentication failed' or something very similer. searched around and didn't find much...
    currently running 2.1update1
    any ideas? thanks

Advertisement
  2. Hitmanthe3rd

Hitmanthe3rd Well-Known Member

Did you rename the file to "update.zip" because its already a zip file. Name it just "Update"

3. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Just as a side note, you don't NEED the new version of the Radio. I'm running SkyRaider 2.2 just fine on the stock radio. The only thing that doesn't work is the camcorder, but I hardly used it so that's fine with me for now. So if you can't get the radio to work, you can still flash the custom ROM and have everything working but the camcorder.

4. Hitmanthe3rd

Hitmanthe3rd Well-Known Member

Yeah it DOES work. But it works more stable WITH the OTA. And dont forget the 720p =)

5. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

THIS was my problem.....
    thanks! lol...

6. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Haven't had any stability issues on it at all. Runs perfectly smooth. The 720p is hype anyway, all the videos are compressed to hell. I mean it's great for a phone, but it's a gimmick to say 720p in my opinion. But yeah, I'll be flashing a radio when it gets official from VZW or something.