• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

error upon app install and reboot

Anyone else having problems with error messages when they install apps? I was in the habit of installing multiple applications from the market before rebooting, but started having problems with the phone not working and getting other error messages so I now try to reboot after each install. I just tired to install and run advance task killer (ATK) twice and after each reboot I'd get at least 2-3 errors. If I uninstall it and reboot all seems to be ok. Same happened with Bloo and an AK-47 app (game).

Corrupt OS? Suggestions?

Anyone else having problems with error messages when they install apps? I was in the habit of installing multiple applications from the market before rebooting, but started having problems with the phone not working and getting other error messages so I now try to reboot after each install. I just tired to install and run advance task killer (ATK) twice and after each reboot I'd get at least 2-3 errors. If I uninstall it and reboot all seems to be ok. Same happened with Bloo and an AK-47 app (game).

Corrupt OS? Suggestions?

Why are you rebooting after installing aps?

Upvote 0
because I have found that after installing some apps I get errors and the phone/data connection won't work. So if i install multiple apps I don't know which one is causing the errors.

errors are related to:
com.google.process.gapps, com.andoid and process com.htc.launcher

you need to refomat your phone that's an os error not an app error. that happens when the android os get corrupted from not compleating a task. a fresh wipe will fix it.

Upvote 0
you need to refomat your phone that's an os error not an app error. that happens when the android os get corrupted from not completing a task. a fresh wipe will fix it.

I think deep down I knew that, but was hoping to avoid the hassle of reinstalling everything... Thanks though. I do that through the "reset to factory" tool?

What's to keep this from happening again?

Upvote 0
I think deep down I knew that, but was hoping to avoid the hassle of reinstalling everything... Thanks though. I do that through the "reset to factory" tool?

What's to keep this from happening again?

yes factory reset is fine. as far as keeping it from happening it's kinda random so not much prevention you can do. kinda like with windows when operators ask me why windows gives an error and i just reply it's windows. But all joke aside hopefully it won't happen again only happened once with me on my G1 reset fixxed it. now i have an Eris.

Upvote 0
yes factory reset is fine. as far as keeping it from happening it's kinda random so not much prevention you can do. kinda like with windows when operators ask me why windows gives an error and i just reply it's windows. But all joke aside hopefully it won't happen again only happened once with me on my G1 reset fixxed it. now i have an Eris.

Well I did the factory reset and all was working well until I decided to restore my data from the SD card with My Backup--Bad Idea! Eris is now a brick... Will not boot past the htc screen-it just hangs there. I just called htc and they said to take it to VZW for a replacement. - Very frustrating.

Update (12/7/09)- I went to my local VZW store yesterday and the contract technician that I spoke to asked the VZW tech (employee) what to do as far as the replacement device. He suggested trying the hard reset one more time (volume down + green phone + power/red phone). It worked and my Eris cam back to life (granted it was back to factory settings). SO I'm now in the process of reinstalling all my apps, etc. I'm still going to reboot it every once in a while to make sure the OS does not get corrupted again. The VZW reps said they have seen a lot of problems, but did not recall seeing this particular one before.

I also asked about v2.0 or v2.1 and he said he had just read about it this that morning and it will be within the next 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones