Error w/ system update 2 days ago

Last Updated:

1. cyn

cyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I guess I'm one of the few that had glitches w/ the update. First the galery link on the front page didn't update and I kept getting "this application is not installed" error. I couldn't drag it over to the red waste basket...it kept changing back to gray and the faulty icon stayed on the main desktop. That evening while on hold to Verizon I "force fed" it by holding it over the waste basket longer, then added the new gallery app from the slider screen.

Also noted that the gold button on the r side no longer worked for the camera, it brings up a quick messaging screen instead. They determined the ONLY way to fix this is to reset the phone back to factory issue. Is there another way around this? Or if I have to, what's the best way to back up everything and keep track of the installed apps? I really don't want to reset the phone. Thanks, Cyn

Advertisement
  2. holeshot

holeshot Member

Never mind didn't read all the way through

3. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

If you're not rooted and your apps all came from the market they'll redownload once you log back into your account on the phone. Same goes for your contacts...

4. cyn

cyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, something tells me, there could be other embedded issues, so far it doesn't look too painful, I saved my sms's, thanks.