Error when I try to check for updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. bill2reg

bill2reg Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to check for firmware updates, I get an error that DM is not initialised and to check SIM card or network connection. Network is fine.....and presumably so is the SIM card. The phone is only two days old!
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. BDDKKRJ

BDDKKRJ Member

My phone auto updated about 4 weeks ago when they pushed that GPS fix that doesnt really work. Since then, when I try to ask for additional updates, I get a messge "no firmware". I call AT&T, they couldnt explain it. They said they called Samsung and Samsung said dont worry about it. But now my phone say something like "device updated with new software" every time I shut it all the way down and then sometimes randomly throughout the day.:eek:

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

That usually happens when dm initialization is closed under running apps. Just restart your phone and check it again. Make sure u don't close that app that has the red and blue arrows in running apps

4. btswein

btswein Well-Known Member

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>(hit menu button)>Filter>Running>Device Management>Clear Data, restart phone, then try requesting updates again.

The update did not fix GPS, it wasn't supposed to. The phone should have automatically installed the update. The reason you are getting the "No Firmware" message is because you probably already have it.

5. bill2reg

bill2reg Member This Topic's Starter

When I restarted the phone it allowed me to check for updates, but then I got an error that it could not connect to the server. After that, it would not let me check for another 24 hours, so I changed the date forward and it let me check again, but same error. I will try it later.