Error when sending text messages...

Last Updated:

1. StickyMango

StickyMango New Member This Topic's Starter

So when sending text messages, I get the following message every single time i press 'send'

"com.android.mms A large number of text SMS messages are being sent. Select 'ok' to send"

So.....I did send out 100+ messages within like 5 minutes...just sending out a mass txt message letting people know of my new number. So is this Androids way of anti-spam?

I need a way to turn it off, because now I have to make this extra step every single time i send a text message :(

Advertisement
  2. djthirst

djthirst Member

Bump....I have this problem too....

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

I've had similar problems before, I think the SMS app is quite buggy, try using ChompSMS instead of the stock SMS app, it seems to run better.

4. Fountain_Fiend

Fountain_Fiend New Member

Gotta keep in touch with my legions of fans :p
    ChompSMS gives the same message "large number of messages" message ... anyone have a workaround?

5. Fountain_Fiend

Fountain_Fiend New Member

In ChompSMS I went to settings -> SMS network -> mobile carrier settings -> and deselected "I am on USA T-Mobile" (i am on sprint) and selected CDMA split
    Then I selected a group in TextEasy app, then selected which of the group I wanted to msg, then those recipients were opened in a ChompSMS msg, and I sent to 51 people with no annoying large message warning...can anyone replicate this? I got the "large number of SMS messages are being sent" notification before changing this setting.