error

Last Updated:

1. abhishek.bhise

abhishek.bhise Member This Topic's Starter

hi i am using eclipse IDE for android developing... so i am getting error that when i click on layout tab when we open main.XML file. the eclipse get closed as soon as as i click on layout tab...... its giving me this error which is attached with this thread...so please look at this.... the notepad file is automatically generated when i click on layout button. so kindly please reply on this problem..... the file generate din log format....

so please reply me as early as possible as i am working on android project....

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. mblenton

mblenton Member

Ah... looks like you have problems with Java. Which version of Eclipse you're using? Try upgrading Java to 1.6, and keep Eclipse within recommended versions (3.5.x).

3. abhishek.bhise

m using JAVA 1.6 version jus now downloaded 3 days ago...but its giving me error same

4. abhishek.bhise

Eclipse ganymede is better or eclipse galileo???

5. mblenton

mblenton Member

Follow the instructions on Android Developer's website, it's recommended not to use the latest Eclipse.

The problem you have is quite strange, and it looks like you either have misconfigured Android Dev. toolkit, Java, Eclipse or some combination of it; or your system is messed up.

Try with a clean system (e.g. in a vmware) and follow the instructions, that's the best advice given the amount of information you can provide.

cheers

6. abhishek.bhise

actuallly i tried with clean system...but on my pc its showing me all layout window and xml code also.... its problem with mini laptop...can it be a problem of mini laptop????