• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error?

I have an Asus Memo Pad 7 that is up to date (4.3). I have recently attempted to root it with a rooting app. It was working but it wasn't rooting as fast as I would like it to. So it turned my tablet off and factory reset it. Now when I turn off my device it deletes my apps! But if I go to where I find allmy apps they are still there but they have a SD card on them and it says the app isn't installed! What's wrong and can I fix it? Help?!?! Also it keeps saying Asus Launcher has stopped and liveDemo isn't responding (or something like that)

Last edited:
I'm afraid that all that factory reset does is erase user-installed apps, app data and settings. It cannot undo any changes to the system software (the device doesn't use an extra couple of GB storing a spare copy of the original system software just in case). So if you turned it off when it was in the middle of modifying system software it's anyone's guess what would happen.

If you can find out how to install a fresh copy of the system software, then do a factory reset, you'll be fine. But I'm not familiar with this device and so don't know how to do that.

Have you restored any apps or data, or you having these problems just with the pre-installed apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones