Errors calling/recieving calls (UK G1 in Denmark)Support

Last Updated:

1. eZtaR

eZtaR Member This Topic's Starter

Hello

I have a UK g1 which I unlocked and am currently using in Denmark (using BiBoB as my carrier). But I've had a lot of problems recieving calls and calling people (the phone simply beeps after a while of trying to call). Sending and recieving mail is a pain as well :(

Do you guys have any idea what i can do? I doubt that calling t-mobile in the UK is doable since i bought the phone new over ebay. Should i try a firmware flash?

Additionally I can't access the following menus:'Additional call settings' 'set voicemail number' and 'Call forwarding' due to them giving me the error 'network or sim card error'

/eZtaR

Advertisement
  2. eZtaR

I've just inserted my girlfriends simcard (telia) in my phone and it works like a dream :S I guess i should call my service provider

It seems that the one difference is access to the menus.. Does anyone have some tech-speak i can use to explain to them what's the problem? Is it just that my carriers SIM doesn't contain the data which theese menus represent?

3. eZtaR

After some meddling around and inserting a friend's SIM from the same carrier as mine, I've come to the conclusion that it's the antenna in my area that won't work with the G1, why I do not know as it works with all my other phones :(

Techspeak appreciated if you have any pointers ;)

4. jonkenny100

jonkenny100 New Member

Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, I'm in the UK and the problem first occurred while I was in Manchester, I then drove to my home in London and am still experiencing the problem, so I don't think it's the local antenna. My 3G services are working fine, just voice calls and SMS are not connecting and anyone making inbound calls just get's a network message saying, "calls not being connected to this number."

Please can you tell me how and if you overcame the problem.

I'm taking it into the T-mobile shop as I have a Solo Sim contract, but I'm a little concerned as I bought the G1 handset on Ebay.

Also, please would you PM me with suggested ways of overcoming the problem.

5. kevstv

kevstv Active Member

Have you tried switching 3g off? I get similar problem, all looks fine, signals etc, turn 3g off so using 2g only and all starts working perfectly....

Yet to find a reason why this happens though

6. jonkenny100

jonkenny100 New Member

Yeah, I've tried that, doesn't seem to make a difference, thanks for the tip.

7. walkerx

walkerx Active Member

this is happening to me today

within about 30 seconds of making or receiving a call the phone beeps and disconnects, at one stage when making a call i was receiving no ringing and couldn't hang up.

had this before when i had the lg viewty and sony ericcson on t-mobile, so think it's another t-mobile uk issue

anyone else experiencing this issue

8. mebijite

mebijite Member

I have been experiencing similar problems with my G1 which I still cannot figure out. When i make outbound calls, the phone quickly disconnects in less than 20 seconds and for inbound calls, i get the same message "cannot be connected to this number". did anyone finally sort out the remedy???? Or is the phone just a piece of metal now?