1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Errors During Hard Reset

1. kristine7

kristine7 New Member

I was having a couple issues with my tablet and tried a hard reset last night. I get the following errors before the data is wiped:

E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
    E: check_selective_file:Can

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Try starting the tablet in recovery mode and doing the wipe from there.

1. Shut the tablet down.
    2. Hold down volume (toward the power button) and long press the power button. This can be a little tricky. Make sure you hold the down volume until you see the screen in step 3.
    3. You'll see a screen with an Android and a box. Select the box by pressing down volume once (toward the power button) and up volume once.

Once in recovery, wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Then reboot. Navigate using the volume rocker and select with the power button.