• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ES File explorer hesitates with music over wifi

chris1379

May 4, 2013
I can use ES file explorer with its music player to play an entire folder of music from my pc but there is one problem. If I leave the phone alone or lock the screen manually, the music will randomly hesitate. I believe it has to do with power management but can't seem to solve it. The phone is an LG Lucid.

The Phone is not rooted so I tried Red Eye and another program that prevents the Wifi from turning off. Neither made a difference. It plays local files OK but that uses less CPU and no Wifi so I'm still not sure where the problem is.

I can play music just fine using ES File Explorer and Music Player but only one song at a time. X-plore has an internal audio player and hesitates also. I checked the log file and there are many errors like

isBypassDoable: Unable to enable bypass due both down-scaling and blending.

Sorry I can't post the exact messages until I figure out how to save it or copy/paste to the PC.

Upvote 0
Did some more research and Red Eye does work as long as the screen is on. The CPU only function won't work and I can't manually turn the screen off without the CPU and/or wifi slowing down. Maybe there's another app that will work. I'm thinking there has to be because the standard music player works fine even with the screen off but will only play one song at a time from network shares.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones