• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ES File Explorer Huge Background Data Usage

Hi Folks,

I just noticed that ES File Explorer consumed 1.5Gb of data in background on a single day - a work day at that, when my tablet would have been hibernating in my bag!

Looking back over data usage history it's done this a few times but with hundreds of Mb in a day.

I use the ES File Downloader component occasionally, but only for low quality lecture videos from academic sites.

Any idea what could be causing this "rogue" behaviour, or what can be done to prevent recurrence short of uninstalling?

John

Dam thats alot of data usage i just checked mine and my ES File app dont use anywhere near that much data only 130 mb in 1 month. One thing that might be causing it to use so much data would be if your using any cloud service with in ES file Explorer like GDrive,Dropbox or Box but even then i dont see it using so much data. IMO i would remove ES File app and wipe all data from the app settings menu and re-install it from the market if that dont work try another file manager from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones