Ese53

Last Updated:

1. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The official official official... yeah we don't know which one is official, however this is the last to be released of the leaked droid 2.1 sbf files

Re: [Release] Droid 2.1 ESE53 SBF file

Advertisement
    CRPercodani likes this.
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

3. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

4. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

So do we want to see ESE53 or ERE25 ROM's? What is the difference? Ahhh there are so many ESE & ERE files floating around!! :eek: lol.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Dunno yet. ERE25 is pretty stable, though....

If ESE53 is more stable, we might have some phones hitting the 130s in terms benchmarks in SetCPU....

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

7. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I like the people over at DroidWorld. I have been following them since my BB Storm Days. I will definately give this rom a try and see how it runs.

8. ericks17

ericks17 Well-Known Member

He just put up a nandroid file of the rooted and OC sbf. what do i chose to restore? can i keep my data so I don't lose my apps? if i wanted to go back to 2.0.1SG ROM can I just restore my backup i made?

9. p3droid

p3droid Member

Don't worry, I never back up data so your safe, as an extra measure of saftey you should back up fully, then restore this nandroid but deselect data.

If you are migrating from 2.0.1 then you will need to wipe data as that is not compatible with 2.1.

Once you have done this you can bounce back and forth between 2.0.1 and 2.1 as you like BUT you will never go back after you try it.

If you have any other questions for me you can post in my MyDroidForums section because I do not frequent this site very often.

10. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

ESE technically should be more stable than ERE....ESE is at level where it could be released as an official by vzw.

I am running it OC'd at 900-1000...with 24k gold theme!!! Super HOT and FAST ROM!!!!!!!! :)

MyDroidWorld - Your #1 Android source! ;)

11. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

ESE is the BEST release you can get, period. It is a release build, ready for the public. This is awesome.

12. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

As much as I love playing with every ROM I can get my hands on, having to reactivate my phone number after changing is going to be annoying. I just might have to wait until more devs start utilizing ESE53.

13. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You don't need to reactivate your phone. I just installed a nandroid backup of it and I only had to login to gmail. I also flashed the Dark Droid SE update.zip for 2.1 ROM's theme and it works great, and look great. SUPER fast compared to the ERE25 ROM's. Even with LWP it is still blazing fast. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

14. shadowdude777

Oh, haha, I missed the part about the Nandroid. I figured you had to flash the .sbf. My bad. I'm gonna go try this out right now! :D

15. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Wish I could try it out, tried flashing the nandroid on mydroidworld and my phone just reboots and goes into a bootloop. I always wipe the phone 2-3 times before I flash, so I'm pretty sure everything went ok there. Even reflashed the rom 3 times but always the same thing. Guess I'll play with it more later today.. need my phone this morning.

16. shadowdude777

Hmm, yeah, I flashed that rooted, 1.1GHz ESE53 image and it just stops at the Motorola logo... that's a shame, I really wanna try this out!

17. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

anyone have screen shots? more curious on how many home screens it has when loaded

EDIT: Also curious on what the clock speed is for this too

18. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Yesterday, the official beta release of Swype, now ESE53. There are exciting times!!!

19. shadowdude777

Okay, my problem before was that I was using ClockworkMod Recovery. Once I switched back to good old SPRecovery it worked perfectly, but the first boot process felt like it took so long. Probably cause of the fear of wondering what I'd do if SPR didn't do it right! :)

All my apps came back by themselves, which is an improvement from the "you go to the Market and spend 10 minutes hitting "Install" --> "Yes I don't care if this program requests permission to use my phone as an armageddon weapon" for every app.

It also feels snappier! :)

EDIT: What's the status on wifi-tether for this?

20. BigMace23

LWPs are interactive! (I'm guessing the modified the 2.0.1 launcher to allow this as launcher2 is not present) The nexus wallpaper has also been replaced by a droid version... pretty sweet

21. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

So what is the clock speed default with the modded kernel?

Shadow, Did you do anything special to the Nandroid Backup to keep all your data? Guess I know what I am doing later today. Just concerned on the OC speed when installing. Also I assume it can be adjusted with SetCPU? I don't need it that fast to start with.

22. eeraider

eeraider Active Member

I assume that it is 1.1GHz because I was caught in a boot loop. I had to install Chevy's 1.0 GHz kernel to get it to install for me.

23. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, Pete's version is uploading as we speak...

24. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Well, I finally have to say goodbye to DroidMod 1.0 - ESE 53 is as close to perfect (at least for me) as I have found. I do miss having 5 screens (I am sure there will be a release soon with more screen real estate) but this is one fast and smooth release. A keeper (until something better comes along.

Update: Just flashed Pete's .5 (ESE53 based), Chevy's 1.25 kernel, and all is well (77-86F with live wall paper at top speed).

25. BigMace23

Same with me... maybe ill go back when they update to a 2.1 ROM (which will probably take forever) but who knows. The competition really stepped it up