• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ESPN Radio App...Finally!

OK. This could be a Godsend for me in the office. I'm currently forbidden from listening to espnradio on the net. But I have a few questions:

I don't listen to any music on my phone. Would I just be listening through the phone speakers or would I have to buy some small speakers to plug in? The phone speakers alone can't be very good, right?

My phone would essentially just be laying on my desk at work. Would I have to buy some sort of Sirius-style dock for the phone to be in?

Wouldn't this completely drain my battery throughout the day?

Thanks a lot.

You can presently stream ESPN radio over your phone from their web site. You could do that now by plugging in a pair of computer speakers or headphones into the phone. It would drain your battery pretty quickly as you'd be streaming audio over your 3g connection all day. If you're at your desk you could plug your phone into your computer while you're listening to it though.

Understood...but don't you get ads/commercials from every ESPN Radio feed? Via the official app, other radio apps, car radio and website stream...

You do, but the others are free (generally). I don't mind commercials, but paying to listen to commercials seems strange to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones