• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ESPN Scorecenter vs NFL 12

musicman185

Lurker
Nov 23, 2011
which do you prefer and why? to me, scorecenter seems to be more in depth and can do pretty much anything nfl 12 can do. but a lot of people say nfl 12 is a "must have" app. am i missing some of its most useful features? i'm not on verizons network, so i have to sideload the apk to my phone

What does NFL12 have to do with Verizon? I downloaded NFL12 from Play store and I am on t-mobile.

I tried ESPN briefly and dumped it. In the short time I used it it was a resource hog and very cluttered. Also, I didn't see the ability to customize it enough to my liking.

Then again, the only major sport I follow day-to-day is the NFL. With some interest in college football and handful of other sports. So, that may bias me.

Upvote 0
I believe that NFL12 and NFL Mobile by Verizon are 2 different apps. The latter is a product for Verizon customers, which if you know how, can be side-loaded. I thought I read that the Verizon app might be available to all next season. Not really sure which is better. As a Verizon customer I use NFL Mobile.

Upvote 0
it would be great if nfl mobile was available to all next season! i've tried to sideload the apk, but it requires a log in also. which i dont have.

i'm not sure what the deal is with nfl 12. i thought it was also a verizon exclusive. when i view it on the play store website, it isn't compatible with any of my devices. (droid x, razr maxx, nexus 7). doesn't even show in search results when i search on my device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones