1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN Scorecenter

Last Updated:

1. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone using the Scorecenter widget noticing it murders the battery life?

I used to be able to get thru a full day on Incredible with moderate use, live wallpaper running, along with several other things.. I been taking off things one by one that I recently added to see why battery life was so bad all of a sudden. Seems I may have pinpointed it at Scorecenter widget.... Anyone have same experience? Maybe its back to SportsTap. :cool:

Advertisement
  2. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Yes, it does destroy the battery life. It was recently removed from my phone.

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

For the past week or so, I've actually had both ESPN and Scoretap widgets running and haven't seen much of a battery hit.

I wish ESPN would add notifications and then I could get rid of Sportstap. The espn widget does update quicker than the sportstap one, so that's why I keep it.

4. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

i haven't noticed any difference since running it. i agree, it needs notifications. i was using both google scoreboard and this, but then i got rid of scoreboard cuz the widget sucked. but no, my battery life hasn't changed (maybe slightly if anything) running it.

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I haven't had battery problems with the ESPN widget either. I wish ScoreCenter and ScoreMobile could have a baby, I like ScoreCenter's widget but I prefer ScoreMobile's interface.

6. Phoenix111

Phoenix111 Well-Known Member

I think that the score mobile widget blows all of the others away.

7. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Anyone know of an app that will notify me of final score w/o having a widget running? It can actually email me too but I wouldn't imagine this is possible w/o something running in the background... ie a widget. Maybe there's an online program that's free that will email me or something.

8. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I still can't figure out if/why sportstap needs the widget running to get notifications. I thought I recalled trying it last week without the widget and I still got notifications, but I don't think it was reliable.

The notification settings are in the main program. Seems like it could still run as a service and notify you of events.

Sent my Inc back today, so I'm not on Android at the moment, so I can't re-test.

9. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I had notifications enabled and when I deleted the widget (I was deleting LOTs of stuff in the spirit of seeing how much of a drain it all was on my battery) I no longer got updates. Put the widget back on a homepage and I got notifications. It was pretty conclusive for me anyway.

10. KrisPriewe

KrisPriewe New Member

Does anyone know if or when ESPN Scorecenter will update and get push notifications. My friend has the same app on his iphone and it has the notifications. what gives?

11. iAstoniiish

iAstoniiish New Member

I have the same problem. I want it to pop up on my backround when game starts and score, but their isnt push notifications and alerts. And it also says that its their when its not.

12. Wiley Coyote

Wiley Coyote Member

Ive used them all. ScoreMobile is the best, by far.

13. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

i just downloaded the Yahoo Sportacular live scores app... looks like it will give you an updated for all of the following:

Game Start
    Game End
    Score Change
    Inning Change
    Every 3 Innings
    Extra Innings

This is obviously for baseball but imagine it has notifications for all sports...

i currently have the sportscenter app but am looking for something new

14. Jeff123

Jeff123 Active Member

I'm unsure which app has the best sports widgets, but for the actual app, ScoreMobile is the best.

15. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Yeah I like ScoreMobile, it's perfectly laid out and gives me everything I need in a scores app. I just wish they'd reskin it or something to get it looking as crisp as it runs.

The official ESPN app was horrible when I tried using it.

16. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

I never had any luck with the Scorecenter widget. It euither updates way slowly, or not at all.

I prefer Yahoo Sportacular Livescores. It's very good with scores and standings. Plus you can set all you favorite teams and what alerts you wants. For example for baseball, you can set alerts for finnal scores, game start, game end, score change, inning change, every 3 innings and/or extra innings.