Essential apps...

Last Updated:

1. markasherman

markasherman Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to Android and love it. So far, I have followed the advice of experience and downloaded Task Killer (thanks, makes life much easier). And now what I want from more experienced users....

What are the essential apps I should download on my new MyTouch? What is fun? Essential?

I look forward to what you all have to say and hope for some lively ideas and discussion.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dizzygirl

dizzygirl New Member

I love Calorie Counter and I love The Weather Channel apps. I think Sherpa is great. I had to have sportstap which seems pretty great but I won't use it much until football season starts. Feels great not to have to wait for blackberry to load the ESPN website. I also like the craigsphone app for craigslist people.

Not essential but fun is the twidget lite (for twitter-ers) and I really love the fmylife widget too.

3. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

I just got mine a few days ago too.

I have "Craigslist", and just compared it to Craigsphone. I prefer Craigslist - as it's faster, half the size, and not as clunky IMO.

I'm trying to decide between Sherpa and Places Directory. Sherpa seems a bit slow in comparison.

I'm also comparing Shop Savvy and Compare Everywhere. So far Shop Savvy only seems to give me online prices, but I haven't really gone into a store to try it out yet, just scanning UPC codes around the house.

My must have list:
    Taskiller
    Power Manager
    Compass (I get lost sometimes)
    Google Maps (of course)
    Google Voice (if you have a Google Voice account)

4. RadFly

RadFly Member

I have:

Note Everything
    ShowWayBack
    ShopSavy
    Compare Everywhere
    Where
    handyCalc
    Bubble
    iMap Weather
    A Online Radio
    Sky Map
    Toddler Lock
    Appmanager
    ASTRO
    Battery Widget
    Draw!
    GPS Status 2
    Meebo IM
    Tub Thumper
    and
    WikiMobile

Along with a few others that are not really noteworthy.

Get the HTC keyboard if have the myTouch... see forum for link... search HTC_IME.apk

JJ