Esteem Microphone very muffledSupport

Last Updated:

1. SHOLUCK

SHOLUCK Well-Known Member

Has anyone had a problem with their microphone being very very muffled. I tried to get it warrantied a few months ago but the metro store i went to keeps saying that they dont have any in stock. is there anything i can do to fix it or do i just need to call LG.

Advertisement
  2. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Well-Known Member

If metro can't help I'd see if LG can help. Sure you would be without a phone for a while but at least they could fix the phone. I would use a back up phone if you could till you get your phone back if possible.
  3. SHOLUCK

i have a back up phone. lol i bought it when i drowned my Samsung galexy indulge lol. i will defiantly be going the LG route. thanks
  4. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Well-Known Member

Not a problem. Let us know what happens. LG has great customer service from my experience in the past. ;)
  5. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

if microphone sounds muffle i would suggest u checking out the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone it might be dirty i suggest u could clean it out with a sewing needle but dont stick it all the way in.
  6. k1llt4c

k1llt4c Active Member

I get that a lot.. :D

But in all seriousness I have had 2 different esteems and get that same complaint from people. Always saying they can barely hear me..
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

WELL I CAN AGREE ABOUT NOT HAVING ENOUGH PHONES I WAS TOLD TO TAKE MY NEW PHONE TO A CORPORATE STORE TO GET A REFURBISHED ONE.. I LAUGHED OUT FOH TO THE STORE AND SAID I THINK METRO IS PLAYING... THINK U HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN IF THEY DONT HAVE IN HEY WHEN 30 DAYS IS UP ..U ARE AZZ OUT CAUSE U WENT AGAINST YOUR GRACE PERIOD :D:eek:BUT THE NEEDLE WORKED VERY WELL I GET THE MOVE YOUR MOUTH AWAY FROM THE MIC A LOT :eek:
  8. johnzm

johnzm Well-Known Member

i think its the placement of the mic. very poor. i get alot of people too that cannot hear me i cup my hand under the bottom of the phone and then no problems. how do you expect a mic with the hole aimed at the ground, to pickup voice
  9. rovertech1

rovertech1 Member

I have the same mic issues...theres one position that it seems to work well in...and its not the position that I naturally hold a phone, lol.
  10. 9000CoD

9000CoD Member

OHHH, I had this problem my 2nd week and I automatically knew and thought to myself (I usually bring my phone with me in my bathroom so I take long showers) so I think if you took a hot shower with phone in the the bathroom the humidity entered the microphone, I fixed this by repeatedly blowing into the mic. to make sure this works correctly open voice recorder (pre-installed on phone) and test it out. Hope it works for you as it did for me!!!
  11. SHOLUCK

why are you yelling?????